Do you sleep during the day?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by wjack2010 • Mar 27, 2012.

1. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    When I'm sick I always take at least one nap that lasts from 3 to 5 hours.

Sleeping is a common way to feel better when you're sick.

2. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a homemaker, and I've always felt guilty if I feel the need to take a nap during the day. I think, "My husband doesn't get to take a nap at his job, why should I just because the bed it right there?" But my husband has told me time and time again that he has no problem with me taking a nap if I feel I need it. He knows I work hard keeping the house and garden in shape and taking the kids where they need to be. I'm very fortunate that he feels that way, but I still feel guilty nonetheless.

3. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I think I need help with this issue! I can't sleep during the day yet I desire at times to do so. Sleep simply disappears:).....

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Just calm your nerves and you will be able to sleep during the day. Your mind is too busy, learn how to calm down and I am sure you will get your nap in and feel really refreshed when you awake. I have no problem with a nap in the day because that is my time to sleep and I wouldn't have it any other way. I use to worry a lot about myself sleeping during the day until a doctor told me that my body clock was set for the day hours. I am just a plain old night owl, and I can concentrate and be relaxed at night while everyone else sleep.

5. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I only sleep during day, only if I'm really really tired from the night before.
    But, from time to time when I don't sleep during the day but I am very tired, I just call one of my friends and go out to grab a bite or something

6. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I have a job so can't sleep during the day on weekdays. On Saturday's I sleep till 12 so I have plenty of energy all day long. Same goes for Sunday's. I've also found that if you're particularly tired on a certain day, a hot shower will usually do the trick in waking you up.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on my daughter's school schedule. During summer vacation or Christmas break, I stay up late working on the computer and sleep until noon.
    During the school year, I work when she's at school and go to bed around 10PM so I can get up at 5:30 AM to make her breakfast and walk her to school at 6:30.

8. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. When my kids, a daughter who's almost 4 years old and a son who's almost 2, take their afternoon nap. Sometimes, even if I don't want to sleep, it's inevitable :eek:
    I close my eyes for a second, and the next, I wake up, an hour later. I don't get to have a restful sleep at nights so I take power naps. Helps me keep up with my chores for the whole day. When I don't get a power nap, I tend to get a bit cranky. And it also makes it harder for me to concentrate and decide on things.

9. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    If only I have time I would really be happt to sleep during the day. Sleeping after lunch is really my stuff before when I was not that busy like summer vacation. Now that I am in medicine school and also doing some work online I find it hard to find time for sleeping during the day. In fact I am getting roughly 204 hours of sleep everyday. Good thing I am still alive! :D

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always sleep during the day, since I love taking naps. I have this tendency of falling asleep quite easily, like when my mind and body is idle and still, I feel drowsy in a couple of minutes. :p The only exception to this is when I'm commuting, for obvious reasons. :cool:

11. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mostly, yes. I'm usually awake all night since some 9-10pm until around 7am.. It's the way I got used to sleep, and I don't really have any big urge to "fix" it.. :)

12. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    I sleep during the day because I work during the night. But if we're talking about sleeping, I would say that 8 hours of sleep is not enough for me. Sometimes I can sleep for 14 hours straight depending if I'm tired or stressed. Instead of going out during weekends I usually just relax at home then have a nice rest

13. MellowGuy

MellowGuyMember

Threads:
    Recently I've been sleeping at around 7am and waking up at 1pm. As I write this, it's 5 am and I'm still finishing up some online projects and work. I'm hoping to come back to a more traditional sleep schedule because I can feel that it is affecting my system.

14. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do sleep during the day sometimes if I didn't have a good rest the previous night. I don't like to nap during the day. I feel like there is some much more to do with our time.

15. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    I am awake during the night and wide awake during the night. heheheh our body clock has been altered and I am having problem returning it back to normal but at least u rest.

16. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    When I was in high school, I often took quick naps after coming home from school. It was really refreshing for me. Now, it seems I don't need them. I think my stamina has improved since then :)

17. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have a nap for an hour during the afternoon, in fact if I miss my nap I become as cranky as a baby. :p

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never never never never. For me, this is the fastest way to feel gross the rest of the day lol. I can't do it. I've been tired enough, sure, but I don't like how I feel when I wake up and I don't want to mess with my sleep schedule.

19. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Computers in general ruined my sleep schedule since... forever. I know it isn't good for my health, but i prefer living at night, while everyone is sleeping, and everything is silent. And then, when the sun rises, bed time for me. It's a very good feeling for me when i wake up around 5PM, the sun almost gone again, and i am ready for another "day".

20. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't slept during the day since my daughter was born. If I slept during the day, I wouldn't be able to get all the things done in the day that need to get done. Also, if my daughter isn't in the mood to nap, I can't. I couldn't go to sleep knowing my 18 month old is awake, wanting to play and interact or just pooped her pants. Lol