Do you sleep during the day?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by wjack2010 • Mar 27, 2012.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

I'm a night owl as well. Although I don't like sleeping during the day. Makes me feel like I'm being lazy. If I'm sick, like really sick? Then and only then is sleeping during the day excusable for me.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess I'm going to be on a night owl schedule again and rejoin the world of the day sleepers.
    I was prescribed Doxycycline, an antibiotic ,for a dental issue and the pill made me violently ill for 12 hours yesterday and I stayed in bed all day ,when I wasn't throwing up. Now it's almost 4AM and I'm up because I slept all day.
    I've seen Doxycycline called "doxy-suck-line" by people who became nauseous taking it.
    My daughter calls it Hell Pill because she saw how wretched and pathetic I was yesterday.

It's going to be hard to get back on a normal sleep schedule again, so I guess it's back to being nocturnal for a while. Oh well.

3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Speaking of dental, did you hear about that kid who got a wisdom tooth pulled and died soon afterwards? People think getting a wisdom tooth pulled is just a simple thing that is unpleasant in most facets. But now, with these dentists getting their degrees off the internet, and having unsanitary practices (like the guy in Oklahoma who had TB), we have to be more careful when we go to the dentist these days.

4. busybee

busybeeNew Member

Threads:
    I only sleep in the day if I have been up really late the night before. I find that sleeping during the day really messes up my sleeping pattern and it just takes forever to get back to normal.

5. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    Yes, I sleep during the day. I work late nights and early mornings, so with my schedule, I will sleep in the day. Sometimes if I do not work at odds times then I sleep at night and stay up in the day, but most of the time I am sleep in the daytime. I would prefer to sleep at night verses in the day.

6. smilekill

smilekillNew Member

Threads:
    yes only at weekends

7. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    I do not sleep during the day. If I have time I will take a nap, but that is very unusual. I also will if I am sick. I think it depends on the person, their jobs, and their kids. Some people work third shift and half too, and some people have time to sleep until noon.

#107May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  8. shane002

shane002Banned

Threads:
    I sometimes sleep during the day, if I had a hard time at the work or if I'm really tired.

9. Albern

AlbernBanned

Threads:
    Yep mostly sleep in the evening when I come back from job.. because i felt tired and then my first step is eat some thing and 2nd is just go to bed. Mostly I sleep for 2 or 3 hours then wake up and feel so fresh. I like this activity but don't know it good or not.

10. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    No, I just can't sleep during the day. Unless I've been up all night for the past 2 days, I won't sleep. Another occasion would be if something was really painful, like after the removal of my wisdom teeth. I would go sleep during any time since I want to get rid of the pain.

11. Clightted

ClighttedNew Member

Threads:
    mostly 1 hour at weekend xixi

12. Sharon

SharonNew Member

Threads:
    Yes i do sleep in the day because i live in supported living community here I use to have some medicine on a daily basis because of the medicine i feel sleepy and the other thing is age does really matters I feel lazy if I don't get a sleep for some time in the day.

#112Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  13. Steph741

Steph741New Member

Threads:
    I never sleep during the day. I am way too busy to even try. If I sleep during the day it is only if I am really tired (no sleep from the previous night) or if I am sick. Other than that I do not sleep at all during the daytime.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely sleep during the day because I am working and I have things to do. I occasionally take a nap during the day at the weekend to catch up on any sleep debt from the night before but I don't do that very often. I sleep well during the night so I don't feel tired during the day.

15. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    If I stay up all night, I will try to make up for it by sleeping through the day. Also, If I don't get any rest I will get really cranky and I don't like being bothered while I'm sleeping.

#115Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  16. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on my day and how busy I am.
    If I have a lot to do and I am running low on energy I try to take power naps after lunch so that I can still work for the rest if the day, it really energizes me even more than coffee or any food would.
    Sleep is the best medicine for me.

17. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    I suffer from insomnia so I have to get my sleep whenever I can. Seems like I'm always energetic at night and towards the middle of the day is when I start to feel tired and sleepy, so usually between 3 & 4 PM, I just fall asleep. Unfortunately, it's a short sleep. I'm lucky if I get a couple of hours sleep during the day and a couple hours sleep during the night. I feel great though and have lots of energy.

18. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Someitmes...I'm naturally more nocturnal so if my schedule allows than I'll get some sleep in the daytime.

19. rebeccalj278

rebeccalj278New Member

Threads:
    I do not sleep during the day because I find it hard to go to sleep at night when it is time for me to go to sleep. :( The only time that I might sleep during the day is if I am extremely tired, sick, or just really bored.

20. angelapride

angelaprideBanned

Threads:
    I don't like to sleep during day but sometime after taking lunch i feel sleepy sleepy. So i take rest on that time to feel fresh.