Do you sleep during the day?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by wjack2010 • Mar 27, 2012.

1. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    No, I do not sleep during the day--I wish that I could. My work causes me to stay up during the day and sometimes I don't sleep at night. I will go to sleep at 4 and wake up at 9; I know that it is not good to sleep for less than 6 -7 hours but work needs to be done, I have to do it.

2. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a night owl, so yea, I sleep a lot during the daytime. I mostly work online, and the best time for me to work is night time. It's quieter around the house which means I can be a lot more productive and get things done quicker. I have been a bit lazy lately though because of the summer, so I do need to get back into it.

I usually sleep for only 4-6 hours at the most, but some days it catches up with me and I can sleep for 12 hours straight. ;)

3. Buck

BuckNew Member

Threads:
    I really got used to napping after lunch, and if it's only 10 mins!

4. Whitney

WhitneyNew Member

Threads:
    All the time, I work online as a freelance writer and I mostly work at night as it's quiet and I get more done, however today I worked all day and most of tonight, well all of tonight after a short nap at around 3pm; it is now 3am and I am still powering away, however time for bed for me soon, I like to be asleep before the sun comes up, otherwise it's difficult to sleep with the noise outside. It's Sunday so it should be rather quiet until people start going to church.

5. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I do take a nap in the afternoon. Most of the time I stay up late and I wake up early, napping in the afternoon really helps me to recharge myself.

6. rand paul

rand paulNew Member

Threads:
    I think sleeping during the day is a sign of depression.
    There is not a better thought than'' I wish there were more hours in the day''
    It means your living life fully.

7. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I crave for a sleep after having my lunch. But my boss doesn't allows that. After all a short nap is factually very effective.

8. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I work a second shift job and sometimes I work late, so I do sleep during the day. I am a night owl and I can stay up all night if I wanted to. I don't get as much sleep as I should sometimes, but I just have a hard time sleeping all through the night. That is one of the reasons I sleep during the day.

9. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually sleep during the day because it give me a headache when I wake up. I would rather sleep early at night if I feel sleepy or tired.

10. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    It all depends on my mood. Sometimes I do other times I don't. Mostly if am really tired I always tend to sleep a few minutes after lying on the bed. Other times I can stay for whole five hours but I don't get any snap.

11. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I think that is not the best question you should have asked how many hours i sleep during the day. Mostly I tend to take not less than 5 hours each day for a snap. Not because I love it but because am always tired after 7 hour job and the only solution I always have to camp this is going to bed and waking up after a few hours.

12. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I love to sleep late but with school, work and my babies that does not happen. I look forward to my weekends. Saturday is the day I get to make up for all the lack or rest. That doesn't last for long either. :-/

13. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    It's very rare for me to sleep during the day, just sometimes at the weekends after lunch when I eat too much I get really sleepy and I can take a nap for one hour or two, but this happens 3 or 4 times per year only.

14. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    Personally I take a nap during the day at least two times each week. Napping for two hours in the evening during these two days makes me rest my backbone and feet. After such naps I tend to get a fresh feeling with a new momentum ensuring I can go on with life perfectly.

15. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I sometimes take a nap when my son naps so that I am able to have enough energy to take care of him all day. He sometimes gives me a hard time at night so taking a nap during the day is sometimes necessary.

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends usually no matter how tired I am I can't get myself to sleep during the day. The only time I can sleep during the day is if i'm sick other than that it seems impossible for me to sleep during day time even when i'm tired and need it.

17. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I tried sleeping during the day a couple times, but it's just not for me. The only exception to this rule my body made is when I'm sick. When I have a heavy fever I have no problems at all sleeping during the day (I'm sure this goes for most people). As soon as the sun goes up I can't sleep again until it goes down. It may change in the far future when life kicks in at its fullest, you never know.

18. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    Lately, I've been sick, so I usually take a nap in the afternoon. When I'm healthy, I usually don't need much sleep so I usually don't nap during the day if I am feeling okay.

19. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid sleep during the day. I feel like I was born to fight sleep. For a while now, I have gotten better at getting to sleep at night but if I take a nap, I'm sure it will all go downhill. I have always hated the idea of sleep. I'm not the type to just sit around and do nothing. I have to engage my mind in something even if it's just music so sleep is always a waste of time especially in getting there. I know there are people out there that can get by on just a few hours of sleep. I wish I knew their secret because most of the time it seems I have to get 8 hours. There has been a few occasions where I have took a nap but that was due to afternoon sleepiness and most likely I had broken sleep the night before. My bed is too comfortable so that makes it difficult to resist the urge then.

20. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I don't usually sleep during the day, but sometimes I'm just so tired that I have to get a 1 hour nap.
    I usually go to sleep late at nigh so I guess it's only natural that I get tired during the day.