Do You Sleep With A Night Cap?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by ExpertAdvice • Jan 21, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    As I dive further into the understanding of "my wife's world" and what it is that she does daily (which truly fascinates me), I have come across the silk headcap, which she wears almost religiously at night!

I tell you, it's one of the most intriguing and beautiful things that I have ever seen on a human being, and she tells me that her reason for wearing it at nights is that it not only keeps her hair out of her face, and so protects her skin from excess oil and chemicals, but it also actually helps her hair grow!

So, what do you think? Have you ever seen someone wear one of these things? Do you wear it?

What were the reasons that that person said they wear it? If you wear this, what are your reasons for wearing it?

Do you think that this is a great hair-and-face protection method? Or is there a better way?

sleeping cap.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never bother with anything like this at night. I just tie my hair up before I go to bed, to stop it from getting in my face. I have never heard about these caps helping your hair to grow either. Do you happen to know how they do this?

3. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    My hair is quite short so there really are no issues with it getting in my face when I sleep. I have seen others wear caps similar to this but never heard they helped the hair to grow. I would be interested in the science behind that.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do wear a night cap to bed. I have done so since I was a child. I wear a night cap to protect my hair. It prevents my hair from dying out. It also helps to maintain my hairstyle. I do have a favorite pink silk scarf that I use.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehehe ExpertAdvice! This is something most Black women do and that includes me. We wear silk scarves as they keep the hair out of our face, keep the hair smooth and frizz free and apparently those scarves seal in the natural hair oils, making the hair a lot more manageable and free of kinks:)

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nightcaps seem fashionable but they're not necessary me. I don't like putting anything on my hair when sleeping. I usually tie it loosely with a garter, enough to keep it away from my face. Most of the time I just let my hair loose, pulling it up over my head so that it does not block my breathing.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I sleep with a hood on at night. Here in the tropics, its very cold at
    night. I used to year a muffin but it came off at might exposing me to
    insect bites. I think it would be a better idea to sleep with a
    tighter fitting cap for more warmth in addition to the fact that they
    are very cheap in my area and easy to take case of.

8. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    No not really, I don't sleep with anything actually. I prefer to sleep naked at night because I enjoy my sleep much better that way. I don't put on any clothes not to talk more or cap.

Even during cold weather here in Nigeria because most times we have hot weather, still I don't put on anything while taking my night rest. The reason is that once I have any clothes on while sleeping, it discomforts me, itches me all over. So what is the need for wearing it? I rather do away with it and enjoy my night rest.

9. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I sleep with a night cap only when I have on a weave in my hair. This helps to protect my weave and keep it soft and in a better condition. It also keeps my weave from getting into my face, Otherwise, most nights I sleep without one.

I am not too sure a night cap helps with hair growth. But it could be.

10. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I do not sleep with a cap at night, but I think that what your wife said is actually the truth considering that my fiance sleeps with the cap anytime she pays a visit to my house and one thing I understood is that the cap really keep her hair in good shape, away from scattering during the night. Maybe I've not been observant to know if it helps her hair to grow, but I think the cap should be for every lady out there.

Getting the silk one is cool since it can allow air to enter her hair through the small holes on the cap.

11. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    Wow! That is interesting. I have never heard of wearing a night cap while sleeping. I used to always tie my hair before sleeping to keep my hair away from my face but I stopped doing it since I heard it will make my hair brittle. But I might try this silk night cap you mentioned. :D:D:D

12. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear a cap at night. My hair is short enough that it doesn't get in my face but I can see the need if you have long hair. I don't like it to get in my face. I didn't know that it would help your hair to grow though and I find this interesting. I can see that it would help to keep your hair from being tangled and messy in the morning especially if you have a rough night sleeping.

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I haven't done this yet. I always have a long hair but it does not bother me that I would to wear a cap at night. I was not aware about its benefits or advantages for the hair and face until I read this thread. Yes of us do have tangled and messy hair every morning when we woke up and if wearing a night cap can prevent this (aside from its other advantages), then I might try it :)

14. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I'm really surprised that so many people have replied saying they wear a nightcap. I thought it was a thing of the past but I suppose for people with difficult hair it helps sort it out in the morning. I have never needed to wear one and think it might make me too hot in bed .. I wouldn't even know where to buy one.