Do you smoke?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Aurora • Nov 1, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What?? I got onion! I make you cry? At least you're delicious and super healthy! haha. Oh wait.. so am I. We can't both be onions can we? Although we do have many other similarities. I just couldn't think of anything else with layers, sorry dude lol.

You're making me wish I kept my pack now, that's cool! Good for her and good for you for even coming to this decision. I've quit everything but coffee now.. and alcohol lol, I just don't drink often.. and garbage food was the hardest thing to kick, so take from that what you will lol. They compare quitting cigarettes to some pretty nasty stuff and say it's equal to or worse.. I'd love them to compare it to quitting faux foods after a lifetime of it lol. But smoking was more nerve racking. I didn't know I was addicted to the crap in crap food so it was an easy decision. The decision to quit smoking (AND stick to it) was the hardest part for me.. and sticking to it during cravings of course. That's just crazy, but when you know you want to quit, you keep your eye on the prize, not on the pack. Food was a 24/7 torture fest to get over LOL. Until I figured out how to transition properly anyway. Oh the things we do to ourselves. Just think.. "now or never. Do I want to deal with what I don't like about it for years until I finally decide to really do it.. and possibly have irreversible damage to deal with to boot? Or get it over with now, and retain my health and strike this off the list of things that will take me". Future Dreek.. do it for her :)

Team Dreek & Blueeyes!

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I smoked for many years but I bought an e-cig last month and haven't had a real ciggy since! Of course, I'm still addicted to the nicotine in the e-cig and we aren't quite certain about their safety yet but it's got to be better than throwing money down the drain and smelling like an ashtray!

3. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I did try the e-cig for a bit over a year ago but didn't find it helpful for me. I'm glad its working for you and although they aren't sure about the safety of them, I agree, it has to be a bit better than an actual cigarette. Do they not have e-cigs without nicotine now?

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, they do make e-cigs without nicotine and you can also get adjustable models that let you control the amount of nicotine in your "smoke". I know I really need to progress to these within the next month but it's the nicotine withdrawal that I am least looking forward to. Swapping to e-cigs was easy - it was just exchanging one way of delivery for another virtually identical method but I should really start reducing their nicotine content soon.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an electronic cigarette too. I have had it for quite some time now. Over a year, and I first purchased an e-juice that didn't have any nicotine in it, and so I quickly bought some with nicotine in them, and was smoking then instead. Banana flavor is my favorite, but I do find that after using it, i have to keep blowing my nose, which is annoying.

6. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I'm sure you would have spent lots of money had you become addicted. I have tried menthol cigarettes but never did like them. I'm not familiar with other flavors and hopefully will never check into them.. I'm still going strong with my quitting :)

7. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know how I feel about smoking something that is banana flavor...lol.. I have to admit, it does sound rather funny. I wonder why you have to keep blowing your nose after smoking the e-cigarette. Have you looked online to find an answer for that? I agree, it would be very annoying.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lol!! Banana seems to be my fav flavor everything. The e-juice tastes absolutely wonderful!!! I searched around online, and the only thing that I found was regarding allergies to the e-juice?? I am not sure if that is the problem though. I have tried different types of e-juice, but I still have to blow my nose afterwards.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What's t
    What's that stuff made of, Dreek? Could it be condensation? Or loosening whatever is in there like a steaming your face would? Like clearing your airways in a catch 22 sort of way lol.

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't smoke but I'm not above the urge either. I once tried to smoke when I was like, I don't know 8 or 9 because my dad is a heavy smoker so I thought it would be 'cool' to smoke. I tried it, puffed one and ever since I never tried it again. I don't even know why smoker's love to smoke, the drag feels good sure but the smell just sticks, it's really unpleasant.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    I think that I may have had this conversation with you a long time ago, but I am not sure. But there are two kinds of e-juice. There are probably more, but the main ones are PG oil, and VG oil. PG stands for Propylene Glycol, and VG stands for Vegetable Glycerin. The VG e-juice is the most healthy option, and many people who have encountered allergies with their vape juice, have switched to pure VG. Other people will mix VG and PG 80% VG to 20% PG, so that they can still get that sweet and full flavor.

My solution was to simply stop vaping altogether lol!!!

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL well there you go; genius! Now that you reminded me what's in it, yes, we talked about it before. I remember thinking oil in the lungs is just as weird as anything else we smoke or inhale.. nothing belongs in there but air. What's ok for one body part, is poison to another. But I don't know how it works; never looked into it. Has there been many studies on this stuff yet? It just seems a bandaid.. that resembles the wound lol.

13. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I used to be an athlete and I used to have an asthma. If used to smoke, I sure would have been killed by now, in terms on my physical state of being and in terms also of my dreams. People shouldn't smoke and smoking should have been banned a long time ago. It does nothing good, and it even affects the ones who aren't really into smoking even worse.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't know if oil gets in the lungs, because it is supposed to vaporize before it gets to that point??? If there is one thing that I hate is blowing my nose. I have a very sensitive nose. When I get done doing the cleaning, I am left blowing my nose for the rest of the day. Same goes for smelling different fragrances. I can't do it for too long, otherwise I will be blowing my nose for the rest of the day. Vaping was the same, and you cannot get a single thing done when you are constantly blowing your nose!!! There have been studies on it, and some say it's better, and others say that it could possibly be worse lol. The FDA have approved it, but that is NO comfort at all, considering most of the stuff that they approve lol.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Truth lol. I couldn't imagine it being worse than smoking.. but I can imagine it being ranked up there somewhere. I've got too much reading to do as it is and you're making me want to study something else now, damn you lol.

16. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I do not smoke and I am thrilled that my city has just passed an ordinance to stop people from smoking in certain public places. So many people have respiratory issues, and smokers take the rest of us with them every time they light up. I can't wait until the smoking ban includes public parks the way it does in other cities.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really wish people would respect others more and stop making it all about "our rights!!!", because I don't like government slowly chipping away at our freedoms. But I have to say, we have it banned everywhere here now.. pretty much everywhere but your home and it's SO nice to not have to drag my kids through clouds of smoke any more. I guess if people would have been respectful of others, it wouldn't have had to come to this.

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    You can make e-juice with household items. Glycerin, or Glycerol, which doesn't seem too safe to me. But then they say that just ingesting the nicotine, and the Glycerol is a hell of a lot better than smoking, because to go from the 4000 chemicals that cigarettes contain, to just nicotine, water, flavoring, and Glycerol has to be healthier. But who knows. Lmaooo. You better got on that studying, JosieP. I want the essay on my desk by tomorrow morning ;)

19. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Crap.. I already gave myself till tomorrow to have at least 7 essays written up and at least 456 studies read! Can I have an extra day? lol.

I don't know anymore. Obviously we don't want to add any more to our bodies than they need.. especially if it's harmful, but think about it.... everyone cries "chemicals chemicals chemicals" when not only is EVERYthing made of chemicals and pretty much EVERYthing can kill you in excess, but every chemical, good or bad.. from every vehicle, every burning mass of garbage, every factory, every household.. it all goes up and must come down. Is there such a thing as clean living? Organic anything? I think it comes down to each of us individually and what we are capable of processing comfortably. Avoiding what may hurt us faster and taking the risks we feel are worth it. Smoking is proven to speed things up and add things that stick and make us ill. Avoid. Vaping likely isn't studied enough yet, though I'll be getting started on that essay asap lol.. so you take the risk with as much info as you have available to you or you avoid the possibility that it could speed things up again.. add things that stick. But in an otherwise healthy body? You'll never see studies on that. For ANYthing, trust me, I effing check all the time.. nothing applies to the healthy lol. A well cared for body does amazingly at cleaning itself up. So who knows...

My thoughts are all over the place lol sorry...

20. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have never smoked even one cigarette in my life, and I don't think I will ever be tempted to do it. I don't think it's worth it. I know a lot of people who are chain-smokers and they said they feel light-headed or something. They eventually got addicted to this kind of vice which affected their life. So for your own good, don't try it.