Do You Spend A Lot On Perfumes?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by sidney • Mar 21, 2015.

1. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    No I don't really buy expensive perfumes but if I ever do it will be for a special occasion once in a while. It's fine to splurge every now and then to treat yourself and that is what I do. Another thing is that the perfume doesn't have to cost a fortune for it to be high quality. I really like it when the perfumes go on sale and yes I always look for the great deals when I'm out shopping.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm used to getting perfume as gifts from my family, specially aunts and uncles. Many I own were given as gifts... lately they haven't been giving so many perfumes and for me it's rare to buy my own perfume but I do it only when I find the ones I love on sale.
    My favorite perfume is called Marry Me by Lanvin, and a couple months ago I was thrilled when it was really affordable on a Sephora sale so I snatched it.

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I spend a lot on perfumes, actually, and this is something that I am trying to get to grips with at the moment. Because I will always use a little bit from the top of the bottle, and then buy a new one so that the other ones never get used. As a result of this, I now have a drawer full of fragrances that cost a lot of money yet have never been used. So now, I am trying my best to make them last me until they've been used, rather than getting bored of them. I have told myself that I'm not allowed to buy anything new until I have used two old bottles, so that gradually they should all be gone, leaving me with more room to play with again!

4. Harmony Lassen

Harmony LassenNew Member

Threads:
    Expensive perfumes are usually alcohol based, and I've found that alcohol based perfumes don't mix well with your natural scent, and just creates and creates an overwhelming sensation. I prefer water based perfumes or cheap perfumes sold at outlet stores. My personal favorite I got from Rue21 and it was only eight dollars. It smells nice and one bottle has lasted me forever.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never liked generic perfumes. As a matter of fact, I tend to make a big circle around people who "douse" themselves in expensive and also not so expensive artificial perfumes. The worst is when I have to shake someone's hand and their "scent" lingers on my body all day since often it seems impossible to wash it off, or to neutralize in some way.

6. yamazakura

yamazakuraNew Member

Threads:
    I spend almost nothing. I got a solid perfume from Lush about six years ago and I still have most of it. I also have a rollerball of a natural perfume from India that I got as a gift around the same time and there is still 70 percent of it left. I think I will try to use them up this year because it's just a waste for them to sit there being ignored.