Do You Spend Much On Accessories?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Jan 16, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read it somewhere that accessories can transform the look of even the most basic clothes. I got the impression that if you buy some accessories and a number of cheap clothes, using different accessories each time would make the clothes look somewhat different. So since they have this 'magical' effect, should one splurge on accessories so they can save more [on clothes] at a later date?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I must admit I LOVE accessories.....big statement rings, earrings, chunky bangles,delicate bracelets, chunky neck pieces, belts, scarves; you name it, I love it. They do jazz up all sorts of outfits, especially a plain outfit. I like nothing more than to wear a simple dress with flat sandals, and jazz the outfit up with a few eye catching accessories :)

I very rarely have enough money to shop for both clothes and accessories at the same time because I like to go for good quality and my budget doesn't always extend that far. So yes, I'd rather save up till I have a decent amount so as to get the best quality.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't. Accessories have never been one of my priorities when it comes to fashion. I love to buy earrings and some necklaces, but I have enough that I can repeat them sparingly , but not have an outrageous amount. Same goes with stuff like belts, I only have enough. My favorite kind of accessory to buy is earrings, however I tend to buy the small ones and usually the cheapest ones I can find! I will only spend a lot in accessories for special events like for example a pretty pair of earrings for an event or party. I also only have one pair of sunglasses, but Michael Kors.

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually do not spend much accessories as I think it is quite a waste of money. I am sure it is totally important to spend quite a lot on accessories depending on the person's needs. but luckily I am not that kind of a person.

5. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I love accessories a lot more than I love clothes themselves. My favorite acessory to spend money on are hats. I can say that I would spend at least $60 on a hat if I really wanted it, maybe more even.

6. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I love accessories, specifically necklaces with pendants. I have like a whole array of pendants, and I just have this urge to buy more and more whenever I'm out shopping. I'm not particularly picky when it comes to earrings and bracelets though - I only have one pair of earrings I always use and one bracelet until it gets worn out, then I buy a new one.

7. lucyarty

lucyartyMember

Threads:
    Not really. I like wearing necklaces, but the ones I have were all birthday presents. I don't really wear much else. I agree that using some accessories can look really nice, but I also think that going overboard with them can look much worse than wearing none at all! I'm also the kind of disorganised person who loses things very easily, so having loads of earrings and rings and bracelets would be a bad idea/waste of money for me.

8. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few bracelets and one ring. Other than that I do not buy accessories as a guy. I like the police ones though. They make pretty fancy stuff and it goes pretty well with my style. I just wish they weren't so pricey for some stainless steel necklaces. Do you have a favorite brand of accessories or go with anything that looks good?

9. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I don't either. Wearing a lot of accessories leaves me feeling as if my movements are restricted. I don't know, but maybe I am not just really used to it. I tried wearing earrings before and they get tangled whenever I combed my hair. I tried also putting headbands or hairbands and all I got was a terrible headache. I am happy with just a wrist watch and a ring.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't splurge on accessories. I try to keep them simple, just to give my outfit enough accent without overdoing it. For instance, I have the propensity to wear all-black dresses and ensembles to the point that I look so dark I could basically blend with the night. To give my plain black outfit a more desirable appearance, I wear silver necklaces with weird-looking pendants, statement earrings or colorful bracelets. To achieve the look I want to project, I wear not more than two accessories at the same time.

11. cagirlsoul

cagirlsoulNew Member

Threads:
    I don't spend much on accessories. In addition to my engagement ring, I wear a ring I have had since I was 17 and the same necklace everyday. I would like to accessorize, but it just doesn't seem frugal to me! Oftentimes jewelry can be costly! Thankfully, my necklace seems to match most of my outfits.

12. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have managed to amass quite a collection of accessories. I like earrings, pendants on nearly invisible chains, big chunky necklaces, bolos, belts and scarves. Since cell phones came along I don't often wear watches anymore but I still do like bracelets. Not too many rings, as I don't like the ring on each finger look; and, actually, I don't pair up a lot of anything all at one time. Just a piece or two per outfit.
    As for cost, well, many (most) of my accessories were gifts and of the things I've bought for myself, many of those I've run across in thrift stores and flea markets. So I really don't have much at all invested in my accessories. Still, I have some interesting pieces to choose from.

13. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    I believe accessories can make your look more different and yes I like to spend some money on accessories, even I have big collection of diamond rings and earrings. I have bookmarked some of my favourite accessories web stores where I never miss to check any special occasion's deals.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like accessories, so that's one thing I can live without. I don't like to wear anything on my arms like a watch or a cap on head. I think belts are good to look at in others though, but I won't buy any of them for accesorizing purposes.

15. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    While it's true that accessories can help to make or brake an overall look, cheap clothes are just cheap clothes. No amount of dressing up cheap polyester is going to make it look like fine silk. Your best bet is to by quality clothing on sale and maintain a few basic accessories.

16. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you. When you have way too much, you tend not to use them as well anyway, and it would just be a waste of money to be keeping them in your closet unused. I also make sure that I buy only the basic pieces or the ones that I can easily pair up with anything. This way, I can maximize it. I also tend to buy more quality accessories compared to buying a lot of cheaper ones. I think if you have to invest in accessories, you might as well do it well.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't wear many accessories nowadays apart from a watch from time to time but there was a time when I wore bracelets and necklaces too and I agree that they are great for accentuating a boring wardrobe. We have some stores here that sell cheap silver accessories though so I never really spent that much. You could buy necklaces or bracelets at around $10 or even lower.

18. RobertCMcElveen

RobertCMcElveenNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, exactly I agree with you. Accessories are good enough to add a different look to every cloths. I spend a lot on accessories and have a large collection also for every dress.

19. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I love accessories and believe they do enhance whatever clothes you are wearing. I have enough right now, but I definitely want more! I don't want an obsorbant amount, but I like various colors and styles to match my outfits. I see them as an investment and when I have the money, I will spend it. I also see them as a way to express my unique personality.