Do You Stand In Line All Night Waiting for The Next Device?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by sparkle73 • Aug 29, 2012.

1. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I don't stand in line. I'd rather let the early adopters find any bugs in the device within the first month. After that, if I want the device, I'll buy it.

2. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    In this case, I will stand in line right with you:cool:

3. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    No, I've never stood in line for a new tech gadget. I'm just not that into them to wait for hours to hope to buy one before they sell out. If I want one, I wait until the stores die down with traffic from the rush to get one. Many times, I will even wait longer than that. I like to get sales and they don't go on sale when they're first out. I don't see me ever standing in line that long for anything.

4. ohheyguys

ohheyguysNew Member

Threads:
    I actually am guilty of standing in line for the original iPad. You'd be surprised at the amount of fun you can have at these release events. Apple went so far as to provide free starbucks coffee, water and snacks to all of us who were out there! It was awesome. Plus, I met a bunch of great people that I'm still in contact with to this day (about four years later). So, laugh if you will, but I liked it!

5. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    That's not going to happen. I don't care how awesome a new gadget is, there's no way I'm wasting my time by standing in a line for hours. Plus, these events can turn dangerous with people stampeding over each other and stuff. I prefer to wait it out until I actually hear/read some consumer reviews on the products.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Aw, that just restored my faith in humanity a little bit! That was so sweet that she had it bagged and ready to go! I also would never wait in line for something, but did once go to Black Friday to get my little sister a new guitar for her Guitar Hero game. They were so cheap and I stayed up from the night before partying with friends anyway. It was sheer madness!

7. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    At times it makes you wonder do they have a life outside of this actions? Like a robot they have to be there no matter what! AND THEY ARE!!!!

8. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    Yeah and some people have actually lost their lives in those lines being stamped on when the doors finally open. How sad, for a new device you lose your life.

9. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    Happy for you, this turned out to be a positive experience for you, but this is not the case with everyone.

10. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    Seems like a mixture of madness and gladness for you. Did you get the guitar? How did things work out in general?

11. Erwins74

Erwins74New Member

Threads:
    I really don't understand those people that stand in line for any gadget, I really don't!

Sure, I'm a bit of a gadgetfreak, but when a new gadget comes out I will wait untill the device is tried and tested (usually a few months later).
    Around this time there might be updates to fix problems, and also there might be some price drops.

So no, I will never wait in line for a new gadget.

12. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I don't see myself doing this. I don't even bother with Black Friday or Digital Monday. It's boring, I have no guarentee that my patience will be rewarded and I don't have cash flow like that.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh no, not at all! I will never stand in line even if I can easily afford a certain gadget, that's quite overboard already in my opinion. I'm the type that likes gadgets, but I'm not a gadget fanatic. I would rather wait for quite some time to buy the gadget that I like before buying it, since the more time that passes since it was first released, then the more it becomes cheaper.

14. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I don't! Primarily because I don;t really buy things that are fresh releases. Instead I would wait for about 2-3 months where the gadget has already a lot of reviews from trusted gadget sites. Then I'll weight the pros and cons and decide whether the product is worth the price and if I really need the features that it is equipped.

15. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I always love a good deal but I have never and will probably never stand in line all night for a good deal on a device. My sleep is more important. There usually will be another good deal on the same thing and I have no problem waiting until another good deal comes around.

16. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. Never. I value my sleep too much to give it up for a device that I can buy the normal way in a week or so. Though I usually wait a month for all the bugs and what not to sort itself out.

17. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Now, now sleep is of course for the weak - come join the psychotic side er- wait the insomniac side. Really there isn't much of a difference 'cause after a point everything becomes several kinds of eventual. Also word salad becomes an actual thing and I really need an alibi for around four or something. Or not - I haven't slept in over twenty-four hours. It's a thing.