Do you still buy movie DVDs?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by whnuien • May 6, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    There are many websites which allow you to watch movies, dramas, and TV shows for free online nowadays such as YouTube, Watch32, and so on. What more, we can also download the movies we like from YouTube and keep it. Seeing at how easy it is to get movies for free nowadays, do you still buy or rent DVDs?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    No. Not anymore, although I used to buy them a few years ago. I find it cheaper and easier to just watch or rent movies online. You have Netflix and Hulu, hell you can do a few Google search for sites that offer free movie viewing in high quality. But some older movies are hard to find online and most of them are just sold in DVD's.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I certainly do! One of my favourite little past times is to venture into town and spend an hour looking through the DVDs at shops like Cash Convertor and CEX, they have some great cheap DVDs in there. I also regularly check Amazon sellers to see what cheap DVDs they have to offer, I'm a big fan of vintage British sitcoms so I find a lot of lost gems this way. :)

4. catherineJ

catherineJMember

Threads:
    I used to buy DVD movies and I have a lot of DVDs. But now, I do not buy any more. Just download or watch online. Much cheaper :D

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, not any more. I watch almost entirely online at this point. I have bought a couple in recent years for kids so that they could watch it themselves on small devices (like in a car) that doesn't necessarily have internet access. I can't think of the last one I would've bought for myself, though.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I watch online just about all the movies I want to see. I use Netflix, Youtube and SolarMovies to see what I want also the TV Shows I do not get on locale networks.

7. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't paid for a DVD for a few years now. I still love going to the cinema and watching new films that are out, but most of the time I tend to download DVD's these days. Well unless someone buys me a DVD as a gift :D

8. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say no. The other options available are more convenient and require no storage space. I have boxes of old music CDs and movie DVDs sitting in my storage room. While I am not quite ready to dispose of them, I don't see myself ever actually putting a disc in my player anymore. Really the only place these are still handy is up at the cabin where we have no internet access. This is good for movies but we never watch them up there as there are other things to do. If I really want to listen to music or watch a movie when I don't have internet access, I would probably download it onto a portable device to take with me.

9. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I don't really buy DVD's. In fact, I can't remember the last time I went to the store to specifically purchase a DVD. I usually try to catch movies in the theater. In addition, I also enjoy streaming movies from Netflix.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can watch movies only if your internet connection is fast enough. Not everyone has a fast internet connection so for people like me who live in places where internet connection speeds are rather slow, trying to watch a movie online would be be pretty annoying. That's why, for the sake of convenience I always buy DVDs. But hey, I don't pay full price. Half.com has some pretty good deals.

11. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Times have changed. I rarely buy DVDs since I can easily download the movies and TV shows from online. The only problem for a movie is that it might take long before you start getting it online it is not the same as TV shows. TV shows can be uploaded in a few hours after it has been aired.

12. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is a waste of money to buy DVDs unless you have a favorite movie that you want to keep a copy of. With so many ways to stream movies from anywhere it seems like DVDs are going out of style. I do save some of my favorites but for the most part I am streaming from netflix or cable tv.