Do You Still Buy Music Cd's?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Halber • Oct 19, 2015.

1. MiMichelle

MiMichelleMember

Threads:
    I still buy and enjoy CD's. I don't like taking up space on my phone with albums since most of the time I will listen to them in my car so it's easier to have a CD in my mind. It also keeps you off your phone while driving!

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I have a television that accepts CD's and DVD's. If I could afford it I'd buy both. I borrow from the library CD's and DVD's. The nicest thing is I get to listen to the music I like that is only available on CD form from the library like shakuhachi instrumentals or other music that's rarely played on the radio, so I enjoy it on my television set.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought a CD in over a decade and I've sold most of the discs I did own. There's just no need for them anymore, they take up too much space and attract dust. You can listen to almost anything you want for free these days via YouTube or Spotify or whatever of course - I am in no way suggesting illegal downloads ; )

4. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Digital only. I was never a huge fan of CDs back in the day, 'cause they were so cumbersome to carry around, and I listen to music while I'm on the go more often than when I'm sitting around at home. I only really started getting into music once MP3s were an option, and I haven't looked back since.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely don't. I haven't actually bought a CD for over 10 years now. I actually have gotten a CD as a gift from a DJ one time I went to my favorite club, and that was last year. But I didn't buy it, It was a gift - so I guess it doesn't count!

6. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I'm always looking for new CD's, I just love having the whole piece of artwork instead of picking the digital release, and my CD collection is my one of the things that I'm more proud, I'm always showing it off when someone comes home. However, I wish I could pick up more, but my budget is quite low as I'm on my first year of college.

7. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I usually only buy a CD if it is the only version of the music that's available. Most of the time, that is not the case, and I will purchase the mp3 online. I hardly ever purchase the entire album though. Usually, someone will share a song on social media and if I like the song, I will purchase that song and maybe one more.

8. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I used to be like that, but if you really like music you should try to get to listen to the full project or album of the artist rather than picking one of two songs, I can talk to you from my own experience that you will start loving new things that you didn't expect.

9. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    Well, stores still sell CD's because some people like them. There's a big difference between having a digital download onto a device vs. having a physical copy of music.

I personally haven't purchased a CD in 15 years or more. I dislike clutter. I listen to Pandora and if I hear a tune I like, I purchase it
    from ITunes, Amazon, or from TrueTrax where I have a subscription. And I have a LOT of music!

I love the idea of putting music on my computer, then transferring it to my Ipods. I might only like one song from an album... so for me a CD is a waste of money.

10. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't remember the last time i bought CDs/DVDs, i just go for digital stuff which is very easy to purchase compared to a physical CD here you have to go to a store. What's the point of buying CDs when at the end you're going to have to transfer them in your computer anyway.

11. DuckDragon

DuckDragonNew Member

Threads:
    I buy around 6 or 7 CD's a month. I currently have over 250. There's just something about physical media that I prefer to downloading music. I still download a lot of music, though, and I use Spotify a lot.