Do You Still Buy Newspapers Even If You Can Get The News On The Net Or On The TV?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by sidney • Mar 13, 2014.

1. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't. I prefer to get the news from the net, where I can get them from multiple sources, eliminating all the mistakes or prejudices each site can accumulate. Journalism sadly isn't taken seriously anymore, so you have to look for the ibfo and put the pieces together yourself..

2. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I have not bought a newspaper in a long while. I usually get my news in the internet or cable TV. Also, the national papers we have here has the articles up on their website. It saves money.

One drawback in depending on the internet for news source is that, they might not be that accurate. The ease of posting words on different platforms online can be a source of "journalistic laziness." Exercise caution.

3. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I get the local newspapers weekly as it's news that doesn't get reported elsewhere and it's good to know what's going on in your locality. I also like to get a weekend paper as I have a little more time to read it. Mainly though, I watch the news on the TV to keep up with what's happening in the world.

4. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    My parents still buy newspapers and I'm glad that they do because I prefer that over internet news. The problem with the internet is that it isn't credible, there are a lot of made-up stories and the details are usually wrong. On the other hand, I don't watch TV often and when I do, the news program is usually over.

5. Heather_Rose

Heather_RoseNew Member

Threads:
    I get most of my news online, but since there's so much content online, it's easy to only read articles that are already in your areas of interest or knowledge. Reading a newspaper cover to cover expands my interest- if I only read articles I know enough about to look up, I won't get any news that's really new to me. A newspaper is great for learning about new issues, events, etc. If a newspaper article grabs my attention, I often find myself researching the issue further online.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I do, but our local newspaper has seriously declined in quality since they moved their printing elsewhere. I’m considering nixing the subscription and just getting Tuesday and Sunday newspapers, for the coupons, vouchers, and classifieds (still more reliable than Craigslist for my area). There’s a local news site that I think far outdoes the newspaper, so my needs are covered.