Do you still buy paper cards for special occasions?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by justusforus • Nov 7, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Do you still go to a card shop or store to buy a birthday, wedding or other card? I know many people use online greetings or just give a gift with a label. What do you do?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't remember the last time I brought a paper card I been using e cards I just feel it's easier.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to give out lots of these when I was younger, but not anymore. I think they were a lot more treasured back then, but nowadays, I don't think they have as much of an impact.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still send out paper cards on special occasions, but I don't pay full price for them. I usually buy boxes of cards on clearance after holidays. I still think it's nice to get a real card in the mail, which is why I still do it. Occasionally I make my own cards, when I have time.

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Not only do I still buy cards (on occasion), but I make them. Because I make my own cards I don't often go out to buy them other than for certain occasions when I want something with a particular message. The last cards I bought were actually photo cards that were blank on the inside.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sending e-cards is much easier than paper cards but we have to remember everyone is not online. I know it is hard to believe but I know my 88yr old mother is not online. So if I sent her a card she would not appreciate it as much as a paper card which she can keep for years to come.

7. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    Personally, I would rather receive a paper card than a gift. A card is a written declaration of the giver's feelings, and it is nice to look back on my stash of cards and reflect. When it comes to gifts, I can buy myself what I want, so I would rather have something from the heart than something that costs money. Occasionally, I do send out e-cards, but usually on minor holidays, or if there's no special occasion and I just want to send a quick smile to someone.

8. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    It's very rare for me to do it, the last time I bought a card I think it was when my older kid was born 6 years ago, I prepared the house for the return of the wife and kid and the card was in the package. :)

9. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    No, From last few years i did not send a paper card to any one. i am using ecard instead of paper cards. it is very easy for me to send. because it takes very less time. we need not to go shop. so it is the best option for now a days busy life.

10. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I still give out paper cards to my family on their birthdays but I can't think of any of time when I do this. I don't bother sending out christmas cards anymore. I know it's nice but I just don't see the point anymore.

11. dazzlingblue

dazzlingblueMember

Threads:
    I love letterpress on cards! I'm actually a subscriber to a service that sends you on a monthly basis three letterpress cards (made by small business around the country) which also comes enclosed with three stamps (

). They send ones for various occasions and some with no real occasion in mind. If I don't end up using some of them, I figured I could package a few of them together for a gift to someone who still enjoys this sort of stuff.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last time I have received a card was last year, but as for me I don't think I would want to buy a card when I can easily send an e-card or just greet that person with a simple text message.

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even remember the last time I bought a card. I know it's just what someone does when they buy a gift, but I was always standing there for hours, staring at them and nothing was ever right lol. So I stopped and started using tags instead and I might send a funny email with a good quote or meme or something. I don't receive many cards these days either so obviously people are more on board with my way of thinking now lol.. much better :)