Do you still eat in fastfoods?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • May 17, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I avoid fastfoods, despite their foods being really delicious, because I want to be healthy. I consider them junk foods and my grandmother doesn't allow me to eat or patronize them. They are just simply unhealthy. They are high in calories without substantial amount of nutrition. Yes, you get energy from them, the same time they weaken your immune system, not to mention that the chemicals involved in processing them cause mutations in the cells, which in turn cause cancer.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love going out and ate at fast food restaurants especially KFC :D But since I got married and have a baby now I make our own KFC at home. I cook it in a healthier way and make sure it is much tastier. My husband and I also make our own pizza at home including the dough itself.

We can't really spend too much money on dining outside when we can cook whatever we like to eat at home. Fast food is very expensive here in my country so it's way cheaper to cook them on our own.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    No...and some things do look good on the TV ads but I know the real thing will be the polar opposite. I try to cook more or at least get a similar item from Trader Joe's. Since I can't cook every time I have a craving, I hope to limit my visits to fast food places.

4. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid fast food as much as possible also. I especially will not eat McDonald's. It seems like the food all taste the same and it cannot be good for your health. I will go sometimes if I want something fast but I try to get healthier options.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to eat a lot more fast food. My favorite was Arby's but last time I had them it was stale and the drinks were watered down. I will never eat there again. Sometimes I get the bag of curly fries from the grocery store but that's about it. Oh how I loathe McDonald's. The only fast food I eat now is pizza and Popeye's. Nothing will replace the juiciness of Popeye's dark chicken. As for pizza, I always loved pizza and probably always will. For some reason I hate grocery store pizza though especially Digorno. I've been mostly a carnivore all my life and most of the time it has worked out fine for me.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat as much fast food, and if I do it's usually Subway or something like that. I rarely eat burgers... but I love them! I simply don't have the habit of eating them, since at lunch I eat at the restaurant we have at work and at night I'll usually eat "diet" food.

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm a vegetarian so there are only certain fast foods that I can actually eat. I stay away from most of the famous fast foods like McDonald's, KFC, Wendy's and Taco Bell (I think they're still here). The only fast food that I actually get is from Subway and that's rare itself. I probably have fast food like thrice a month, depending on when I go out and when I eat.

8. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I am guilty of eating fast food from time to time. Sometimes it is because I am in a rush and I need to eat something (meeting has run late and I haven't time to make food) and other times it is because I am in the mood for it. I don't make eating fast foods a regular thing, but as an occasional convenience, I can manage the hit on my nutrition. One thing I do tend to avoid are the "meals" offered at these places. If I am going to eat a burger then that is what I will pick up. I rarely order the fries and soda that go with the meal. There are enough calories in the main entree item and I am quite happy drinking water as needed.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not eat at fast food restaurants, the food is not good for you. I am on a weight loss program and fast food is not allowed. I try not to take my grand kids there more than a few times a month. When we go out we mostly go to Chick-fil-a.

10. brandeis

brandeisNew Member

Threads:
    No, i don't eat fast foods opr junk foods because i am very health concious. I always try to make food at home and eat vegetables or fruits daily to keep my skin healthy and glowing.

11. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Of course. Everything is fine in moderation, in my opinion. I love indulging in a McDouble and a small fry every once in awhile. I eat it a lot more when I'm broke. As long as you're not eating it three times a day, seven days a week, it's fine. The rest of your diet should be moderate and will help balance it out.