Do You Still Have A Sound System?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Zyni • Apr 15, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you still have a stereo or "sound system"? Would you purchase one now days or do you just get most of your music online or via cable or satellite? I know a lot of people who used to have the grand stereo and huge speakers (I was one of them haha) but now don't really bother, since there are so many ways to get music these days. The last satellite TV service we used had tons of music channels.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    back in the day it was the way to enjoy your music. Today I listen to my music on the computer. I would like a little more base on my computer to get a better sound, listening to the music on the tablet or computer is so much easier to travel with and you get to listen to a wider range of music.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love my sound system and CD and LP collection. I have a big library of my favorite artists, and each CD or LP has got beautiful art work on it, that no music channel or downloadable music can ever replace. For me it's like therapy sorting through my many albums, reading the lyrics of my favorite songs and dwelling on beautiful memories.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, we still do have sound system with two huge speakers linked to a DVD player. My father is the one who actually owns them. He's not really techie-savvy so he still prefers listening to music through the sound system. Also, he loves karaoke singing so it works best for him.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still have a sound system, yes. Though, it doesn't actually belong to me, since I did not purchase it. But it lives within my household, and I can and do use it when I see fit. I love the way that it plays music. I have a massive collection of music, whether it is cassette tapes, CD's, or records. The stereo system allows me to play all of those different mediums.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope. All my music is digital now. And I only use my computer to play my music, so, no reason to have one.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I still have my old speakers and it does the job just fine so I never tried to buy new ones. I love the sound and it's perfect for my small room. The only problem I have with it is that it's a bit bulky since it's an older design so it's harder to move around but it's still great for watching movies or listening to music.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, we certainly still keep a sound system. We have two pairs of baffles/sound amplifiers at home and when the family's in a festive mood, we turn them on so that we can sing karaoke songs 'til the break of dawn or play loud music for everyone's enjoyment. The louder the music, the more enjoyable it is.

9. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    All of my music now are online or digital. Saved on my music player or on my cellphone. I also do not have a stereo or a sound system. I prefer my sounds to be personal and I use a good set of earphone or headsets in order to listen to my sounds.

I listen to Spotify usually or the soundtracks I got from games or in music magazine CDs.

10. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    Although I listen to music digitally mostly, I can't get rid of my sound system. I do occasionally listen to my old LPs, tapes and CDs for a trip down memory lane. I Know some of my old LPs so well that I know when a scratch is coming and that's adds a little nostalgia.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still listen to AM at times, so I must have at least a radio with me. Right now the Philips radio/CD player that I bought is now malfunctioning a bit, and the CD can't be read even if I already cleaned the lens. So I guess it's time to replace it.

12. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I still have the old one I used 10 years ago when I was a teen, it works great. All I had to do was get a cable to hook up my phone or computer to the aux port of the stereo and blast my music like back in the day.

I feel like a good speaker system is a must in my house, considering I like to play music all the time while I do chores or just chill around the house.