Do you still have your childhood books?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Theo • Aug 30, 2014.

1. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I don't have mine I passed them down to my younger siblings, God knows where they ended up. I did cherish my Enid Blyton books - Secret Seven, Famous Five plus my Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series. But even if I hadn't passed them down I think I still would have given them away, I don't think the style of writing I enjoyed when younger would appeal to me today.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still have around 50 percent of the children's books I've grown up with. My mom gave me an anthology of Disney stories which included Alice in Wonderland, Bambi, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Pinnochio and every story about Disney princesses (e.g. Mulan, Pocahontas, Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty). I've never sold that book much less attempted to give it to a younger cousin. Nephews, nieces and baby cousins received our other Disney picture books, but I chose to keep that particular collection as a memento of my childhood.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I do have all the books I had as a kid, yeah. A ton of whatI read back then was from the library, so I obviously don't have that, but as far as books that I owned go, they are all still stashes somewhere, from the books I was being read in my infant years to stuff I've read as a teenager.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve kept some of mine and gotten rid of most others. I’m not the most sentimental person and I like having free space, but I do have my sentimental instances, and childhood books would be one of those. One book I’ll never get rid of is the very first one I read on my own. Everything I’ve kept is just enough to fill up one of those long comic book storage boxes, so I’d say it’s a pretty reasonable amount.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had so many books as a child. My older sister and I were very well read because of this, thankfully. I love all things literary, and I feel like it all started with those books. When our family moved house, about six years ago, we brought those books with us, and kept them in the garage. But now I think they are in the shed, outside in the back garden. Nobody uses them, but we still have them. Our younger siblings can get some use out of them.