Do you still send greeting cards in the postal mail or send egreetings?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Pocs • Aug 14, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, I don't.

To be honest, I don't even really send e-cards any more either. I know it's horrible, but if I want to send a personal message, that's exactly what I do. I don't remember the last real card I sent.

2. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I have used egreetings in the past, but I prefer to send and receive cards through the mail. I feel it is more personal and special that way.

3. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have family and my fiancee does the cards for her family. When it comes to friends of mine, I'll just send an eGreeting since they don't expect anything from me. Ecards are cheap, while cards cost me at least $1. Cards useless unless I'm giving one to my fiancee.

4. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I still prefer the old fashioned way of sending cards. Especially when it comes to birthday and X-mas cards. I find it more personal to receive a card because the person went to effort to buy it or make it and then post it.

5. Ton3h

Ton3hNew Member

Threads:
    I have sent several cards lately, the old-fashioned way, and I have to say it feels much better than just clicking on some random website, selecting a random image and sending it to someone that you care about. I think that it should have more of a personal feel to it. And e-cards aren't it.
    For you, it might be just another 10-20, or even 30 minutes wasted, but it can mean a lot to the other person. Just think about that for a while.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have used both. For holiday greetings to family memebers and close friends, I send the old fashioned greeting cards. They are so much more personal and would be the more appropriate of the two in that circumstance. For bosses, co-workers and acquaintences, I tend to use the e-cards. They are quicker and much easier to do for me.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I only send out e-cards if I am really in a bind and pressed for time, but I will attach an e-gift card to Amazon as well to lessen the blow. I like sending out cards. No one really send greeting cards anymore so it's fun to get one in the mail.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't send snail mail anymore, the last time I sent one was back in 1999, when it was summer vacation and I wrote back to my bored friends even when we all have landlines. Nowadays, I don't even bother to send an e-card greeting, I just text people instead.

9. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I usually send out the christmas cards or any other special occasion cards through good ole snail mail! I think it is more personal and thoughtful this way and everybody likes to get something in the snail mail everynow and again, at least I do! I also send e-cards, so most people get two from me!!!

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I only give physical cards to people who are close by enough that I don't have to mail it to them. For people who are far away, I'll send an ecard. Who needs that extra postage bill?

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't care for ecards. I don't like to receive one nor send one. I prefer the old fashioned cards in snail mail. I still do it :)

12. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    We still prefer to send cards. Most of the relatives we know still prefer that so that's what we do. Plus it's always nice to see cards displayed in the living room. Anyway, hubby and I usually order cards via Funky Pigeon or Moonpig and then they would send it to the recipients.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised that no one seems to enjoy or take any pleasure in snail mail.
    I LOVE snail mail. I think it's a lost art and it's a pleasure to receive something real and tangible in the mail like a letter. I collect Japanese stationery and have a rainbow of pens. I even have sealing wax and an old fashioned wax seal with my initial. I'm planning to buy a quill pen and ink bottle.

I make my own envelopes sometimes and when I feel like it, I make my own recycled paper with a screen and paper pulp. It's true that everyone is more busy these days and for most people a text or ecard is plenty.
    But I consider mail art a hobby that makes the recipients pretty happy. I've even received compliments from pen pals and businesses about my mail art. I've seen some insanely gorgeous hand drawn envelope art on Pinterest, so I guess other people share my passion for snail mail.
    I don't think I'll ever stop mailing cards and letters, as long as there's a Postal Service.

#33Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  14. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know the last time I sent an ecard to someone. I give cards to people, though I don't actually send out holiday cards anymore. I gave out the box Valentines this year, but usually I give greeting card sets as a gift to people who like sending them through the mail.

15. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I still do both and honestly, I really hold a candle for snail mail. Lol, who doesn't like getting something other than bills and garbage? It's nice to take a little extra time to show some thought.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Exactly. I still carry a flame for snail mail too. When I write a letter or card, I think about the recipient opening a mailbox full of bills and junk mail and receiving one of my colorful envelopes of love. I've been teaching my daughter about mail art and helping her mail cards to her friends. They love her because she's the one that remembers their birthdays and draws a card for them.

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I'm guilty of sending ecards i don't remember the last time i sent an actual card to someone through mail lol i guess it's just easier and free to just send ecards.

18. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't done any handwriting for a long time. Only send greeting cards via emails or greet people on phones. We are losing the traditional way of express feelings.

19. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I use both. Greeting cards for the relatives living within the country and ecrads for relatives who are in foerign land. I guess its good nowadays to have electronics and all those websites that has greeting ecards because their free. Prices of sending cards nowadays via mail gone sky high!

20. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I don't send e-greeting cards because it's so impersonal. I'll send a handwritten letter if the occasion calls for it, or I'll just send out a physical greeting card. My boyfriend and I send each other letters/cards with gifts when there's a special occasion, or just because. :)