Do you still send greeting cards in the postal mail or send egreetings?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Pocs • Aug 14, 2012.

1. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love to send them through the mail because I feel it's close and personal. It's something they can put in there hands and read and keep forever or put it in a scrape book. I always use to put my cards for Christmas on my Christmas tree and keep them for the next Christmas and decorate again with them and keep adding them as they come.

2. justbuyflowers

justbuyflowersNew Member

Threads:
    I only send greeting cards through the mail to my friends. It is the faster and easy way to receive greeting cards.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I still send greeting cards the traditional way. First of all I have friends and relatives who aren't very computer savvy. Second I really don't know much about creating an e-card, mainly because of the first reason. Third call me old fashion but for me the traditional way, just seems more sentimental. At least that's the way that I view it.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    The post is very slow these days and most of the people I am close with are always online so send them e-greetings instead. But I do still send the conventional bday and season cards for my grandma. She loves it when the thought is tangible. :)

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still send cards, e-cards are just not the same. My mum would sulk if I didn't bother to send a card for her birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas etc. My mum is the only person I send cards to because I know she appreciates it and she would kill me if I didn't send one :D.

6. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on who it is for. My parents get a hand written card from me and my children during the holidays. They are very old school. And even though they have the internet and e-mail, I still will mail a card. It is way more personal to me. My kids like to hand write a small note to their grandparents. For my kids I will always give them a card at birthdays, valentines day etc. They still have all the cards I have given to them. For my friends on birthdays I try to do both. On Christmas I do not spend the money for all that postage anymore. I will send everyone an e-mail card. But once again my mom and dad get a Christmas card through the mail. Occasionally an older relative mails me (snail mail) a really nice card with a letter in it. Then I will, out of respect answer them back with a card through the mail.

7. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I do the same, especially with older relatives. My dad refuses to use a "celly phone", as he calls it, but mom does. So, dad gets a physical card and mom gets both. I also still give cards to the kids, as it is difficult to include a few bucks in a text. They still receive a text at their times of birth. They're teenagers and they actually look forward to that text.

8. wilburheath01

wilburheath01Banned

Threads:
    When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of Rose, butterfly and words that would surely melt your loved one's heart.

#48Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013