Do You Still Use Payphones?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Nov 5, 2014.

1. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    Payphones are so obsolete it's ridiculous. I remember seeing a payphone (with phoonebooth, yellow pages, and all) a couple of years ago. I was in disbelief/shock! I had to take pictures in it for documentation purposes. That was the last time I saw one though. I would still be amazed to find on that works.

2. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    It's been such a long time since I used a payphone but I don't use one today. Last year near my old apartment I used to live at I tried to use a payphone at a convenient store but it didn't work. Right now I use a cell phone so there is no reason for me to look for a working payphone. Payphones were wonderful in the past but in the future people won't need them like they did before.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly can't remember the last time i used a payphone. I think it's pretty obvious that it's becoming obsolete nowadays. Technology now is so advanced but maybe if the technology people could work on enhancing payphones as well then we might find it useful until then payphones will still be ignored by everyone.

4. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I can't remember the last time I saw a payphone, let alone use one. If I had to estimate, its probably been over 6 years since I've used one. Trust me, I don't miss them at all!!

5. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I use payphones here in Ireland, because we are so far in the past, you can't help having too, lol. Payphones are still scattered all over most towns here. I like using paying at times, for private conversations. They have their purpose still.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the last time I used a payphone was in 2006. I was in Las Vegas and I didn't want to use the phone in my hotel room. I hated public phones. I thought they were cesspools of germs. I bought my first cell phone a few days later.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really do not remember when I last used a payphone. I don't know where in my area one could even be found. One day I was out looking for a payphone because my power on my cell was out and could not find one. That was when I realized how important it is to have your charger with you when you leave the house and have your phone powered up when you leave the house.