Do You Still Use Tv To 'watch Television'?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by H.C. Heartland • Aug 31, 2016.

1. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I still view my television. In fact in our country everyone views TV. Internet is pretty expensive if we use it to view TV serials and programs online. It will take time for us to switch to the online mode to view the programs. Plus, the whole family gets together to view the programs, which is very good.

2. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have a TV at home. I got rid of it since 2009. I just thought I was wasting a lot of my time watching anything. And besides I can watch news online and just download almost anything whenever I want to watch them.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    We use the television once in a while. Since we don't receive any stations here (and don't have cable or satellite), it's usually just to watch movies we've purchased or stream something via the game console. Play Station works for more than just playing games.

I usually just watch Netflix or Amazon Prime shows and movies from my computer screen, if I'm watching on my own. If we want to watch something together, we can turn on the Play Station and put it on the bigger screen.

It's nice to be able to watch a show or movie in pretty much any room of the house without having extra fees and equipment like you would with other TV services.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I only turn the TV on to watch late night newscast and that's it. I tend to rely on my laptop for most of my entertainment needs. However, I do have a helper who likes to watch local drama shows and koreanovelas so it's usually on from noon to late afternoon. In my country, most people are still hooked to their television sets which is understandable because many want fresh local content or entertainment shows. When they miss a TV program for a day or more, they can easily find uploads on sites such as youtube.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It's more convenient for me watching and downloading movies on my computer while online. I hardly use my TV to watch movies these days. This is not only common with movies, news and other entertainment that I use to watch on my TV are now being accessed online through my computer.

6. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    I have kept a TV at home because my parents love some tv shows, while I am used to see news and tv show over the internet through Netflix and Amazon Prime.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We still watch tv all the time. We like to get the news live. We have our favorite tv shows to watch. Can't live without tv. Sometimes we miss our programs, that's when my laptop comes in handy. So we like our tv and laptop for our entertainment and keeping up with the latest. One more thing we like is the emergency alert on tv too.

8. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Television is still the standard for me. It's not like I haven't used other devices to watch a show or a movie but nothing beats the television screen. May be due to its size but its convinient I feel.

9. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, it is just nice to have the large screen like the television when you are watching something. We watched the presidential inauguration on the television, and it was easier to watch it that way than trying to watch on the iPad.
    However, when two people want to watch something different, or only one person wants to watch, then using the iPad makes a lot better sense than using the television.
    I think that each one has its place , and it also depends on whether a person has a mobile device like and iPad to watch television or movies with. When all you have is a computer or laptop, then using the television is about the only option.

10. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Every once in a while I will just get some affirmation that I made the right choice by choosing not to do this. The product is not as good as it was, and so while that was not really whey I cut down on the costs, I am glad I did and this is one reason why for that.

11. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Though most of us in the family have their own cp's, tablets. laptops, and desktop computers, yet still my wife, my grandchildren and even myself are watching TV. We do still love sitting in front of the TV set and watch our favorite shows, TV series, news and public affairs. TV is still on the go for us.

12. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a cable connection for my favorite show which is the mixed martial arts fights. But aside from that, people in our house watch the local soap during prime time. I see the tv as a good way for family bonding. It is nice to see members of our family in a banter on what they are watching.

I see the younger generation watching shows on their phone. That is one thing I don't want to happen to us. That's why I agree with having a cable connection for bonding purposes.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use my TV because it no longer works but if it did I would gladly still use it. Since my internet is too slow I have to let a show or movie load and there is too much buffering so I rather have the TV to not go through that stress. To watch shows I use my phone but it can be too much for my eyes, that's why a prefer the TV's larger screen.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I still watch TV while doing other things like working on my online projects or reading a newspaper (yes I still read paper newspaper). I think certain things will never come to an end and television is one of them besides cinema halls, malls and shopping areas. I am subscribed to direct to home service via satellite with a very low fee of $5 a month with almost 300 channels included.