Do you still wear a watch nowadays?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Mar 11, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm left handed too, but when I used to wear a watch I would place it in my right arm. So it seems like there are snatchers in London as well, here in the Philippines phone snatching is pretty common, even when you're in a public vehicle, someone might fancy your phone and will just grab it from the window and you can't do anything about it, because things happened too fast. That's why I don't take out my phone in places where I know it's unsafe to have a mobile phone exposed, especially at night where the muggers are on the prowl.

#21Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't tend to wear my watch around the house, but I feel naked if I go out without it. I have an everyday watch with an expanding bracelet, which is very comfortable. I have very small wrists, and watches are almost always too big for me, but this one just sits there snugly. I also have a lovely dress watch that my daughter bought last year for my 60th birthday. It's been altered to fit my wrist, and I wear it when I go somewhere special. I never have more than two watches on the go, but I wouldn't want to be without them.

3. SandyW

SandyWNew Member

Threads:
    I still wear a watch in fact i have 3 watches. I have a watch for work this is one i wear most of the time, i have one for when i am going out and another that needs a battery replacement. I still think wearing a watch is a need as i kind of feel naked without one.

4. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I personally don't like wearing watches or anything on my wrists because they'll get irritated easily. My boyfriend loves nice watches, he says watches for guys are like shoes for girls, and I can understand that. But I still find myself looking more at analog clocks, as opposed to phones or things like that.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had that problem. I used to put clear nail polish on the back of my watches to protect my skin. My skin became less sensitive as I got older so I didn't have to keep doing that.

I lost my watch. It slipped off while I was walking downtown. It was so hard getting used not wearing a watch, but my nephew told me that old people wear watches. I plan on treating myself to a new watch for my next birthday. ;)
    I love wear

6. ladybug252

ladybug252New Member

Threads:
    I generally wear watches strictly for fashion, not time telling as I have my cell for that! I have a ton of fashion watches, most of them need batteries, but they are pretty so I wear them anyway!

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Good question! I noticed that I actually don't wear a watch myself because I always check the time using my phone. But probably one day I'll buy one again. It's still a classy accessory to wear anyway so I guess, I'll try using one again. :)

8. sweetseraph

sweetseraphNew Member

Threads:
    I don't like to wear watch because i have thin hands and it does'nt suits my hand.And to see the time i have my cellphone.

9. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    I don't wear watches anymore, although I have a couple sitting at home without use. During my younger years I was definitively a watch wearer, bought one every year or few months. With the evolution of mobiles and the convenient clock on the screen, and since I always carried my phone around, slowly it became my go to for checking the time.

Nowadays I simply check my Android, it's practical since I can check for multiple things one being the time. I could wear a watch but it would be solely for fashion.

10. Kam735

Kam735Member

Threads:
    Watch is my essential part of my life. I have many branded watch which is suitable for my different dress code. I love watch not only for fashion purpose also its remind me that "everything from happening at once".

11. jhawkins408

jhawkins408New Member

Threads:
    I've never worn watches, thought I have always seen ones that have caught my eye. I would never buy one for practical reasons... I have my phone to check the time now a days. Watches just seem so unnecessary... even when accessorizing. I would rather spend the money on a hot necklace or earrings.

12. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    The last watch I owned was a Casio G-Shock. After I had an accident and my watch was badly scratched, I didn't buy any more watches. Nowadays I use my handphone as my watch instead.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I wear a watch whenever it suits my clothes. I personally love watches because I think it accents your wardrobe really well and I've always been fascinated by its mechanics as well. I'm also a fan of collecting them so it would just be sensible that I wear them also from time to time. :)

14. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I do wear a watch from time to time, but only if I remember to wear it. I've gotten use to looking at my cell phone when I need to check the time. Checking my cell phone is a more convenient way for me to check the time, because I tend to lose watches.

15. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Sure I still wear a watch because it's part of my jewelry and it makes a statement with your bracelets and you will look more stylish and pulled together. So I would not leave the house without that to match my other pieces. It doesn't matter about having cell phones, ipads, tablets etc. you need to look pulled together when you step out.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I don't know anyone who wears watches even if they're inside their homes, because we have wall clocks for the purpose of telling the time at home. :) It would be uncomfortable though if someone wears a watch even if he or she is just at home.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Watches have always bothered me, so I never wear them. I don't carry my phone with me either.. hate being accessible constantly. I only carry it with me if I HAVE to know the time or expecting a phone call I can't miss.

18. SuzyLewis

SuzyLewisNew Member

Threads:
    I used to wear a watch. Now I have my mobile phone with me all the time. So that has kind of taken it's place.

19. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Someone is on the right track like myself, I will leave my phone in a minute right at home because I don't want people calling me every minute while I am trying to have a good time without all the gossip. If it's important, you can call me when I get home if I am out, if not, well I will give you a call back when I have time.

20. henry

henryNew Member

Threads:
    i always wear watch..it is in my accessories always...