Do you still wear a watch nowadays?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Mar 11, 2013.

1. carclain

carclainNew Member

Threads:
    yeah, it's convenient and stylish. mine is g shock dw6900nb-7, love it.

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Until recently i used to use one of those old casio watches that were really popular back in the day. And i don't blame them, for such a simple watch, the design is perfect and feels really natural to wear one.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about the Casio G-Shock watches? Those watches were really popular back in the day.

4. winnifred

winnifredMember

Threads:
    I stopped wearing a watch years ago and I love it! Since I have my cell phone I use that to find out the time. It also seems like the time is posted everywhere nowadays, so it's not that hard to find out.

I would lose my watches anyway, so I am better off without them.

5. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear watches nowadays. I use to be a watch person, but as I got older I stop liking the look on them. They are one of those things that will never completely die, but they have become less stylish than ever.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! I can't leave my house without a watch on my wrist! I feel naked without it, and I feel lost everytime. I keep on looking at my wrist and find nothing there. I have always been used to wearing a watch. And as I will usually wear only a watch and earrings, my arms will feel too naked without them.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see. So some people do need to wear watches, despite being able to know the time just by looking at their cellphones. I see it as a waste of money though, lol. That money can already be used to buy a new gadget.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't mind owning a watch but I would like to buy a very good one with Swiss movements and that type of watch does not come cheap. I have other priorities in terms of what I want to spend my money on so I can't envisage myself purchasing an expensive watch anytime in the future. I don't think a watch is very important...

9. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    I have never been a big watch fan but watches these days are more of a fashion statement than really looking at the time. Watches are more of an accessory item as part of an outfit just like your earrings, bracelets etc.

I own two watches and yes I do not wear them everyday. I only put them on when I go to certain events, my phone is there for me to check the time. So time has nothing to do with me wearing a watch. Having said that though there are people like my husband who would never leave the house without a watch. Its as if he is incomplete, thus I think it varies from person to person.

10. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't worn a watch in years. I need to find one that I like and can afford. Right now, it is not worth it for me to buy a nice watch.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was just talking about this with my husband last night actually.. we were watching a movie that brought it up; it's not something we noticed until now. I never was a watch wearer. I had a couple given to me that I wore once in a while, but I never set them lol.

12. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I wear a watch so I can check train times quickly without having to dig out my electronics. Living in Europe, a cheap watch won't get picked, but an Apple product of any kind shouts, "target!" so I try to avoid that as much as possible.

13. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I still wear a watch; I think it's a lot more convenient because it's just on hand. I work in a store part time and the manager is always passing by and running about doing things so I wouldn't want to be caught looking at my phone. It would be harder to justify to your manager what you're doing with your phone because there are so many things that you could be doing that could distract you from work.

14. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I still wear a watch and would feel lost without one. There are so many places, like a meeting where it would be inappropriate to take out a phone. With a watch you can always check the time whether you are typing, out somewhere like in a movie. I am not attached at the hip to my phone even though I often carry it, but my watch is with me always.

15. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I just wore watches when I was a teenager, after that never again. I don't like things hanging or strapped on my body, I like to let my skin breathe. :) With cell phones I don't even have to ask the time to anyone, but before cell phones existed I was becoming pretty good in guessing what time it was. :)

16. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I stopped wearing watches while I was a teen. Though in my young age I could not live without one I just find it disgusting and overwhelming to keep a watch on my wrist while I still have a heavy gadget( Smartphone) in my pockets that can provide all the services a watch can.

17. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I love wrist watch. I can't leave the house without it. It feels there is something missing if I am not wearing one. I like buying watches. It doesn't matter if it's expensive or cheap, as long as I like the designs and color, I will buy it.

18. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I just started wearing a watch again recently, and I love it.

It is so much easier (and more appropriate) than pulling out my phone to check the time. Plus, I think they are totally sexy, on men and women. I like that they are no longer so trendy because of phones. It makes me a little different and I like that.

19. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I love wrist watch. I can't leave the house without it. I feel i'm missing something if I don't wear one. I have few watches now. I love buying. It doesn't matter if it's expensive or cheap, what matters to me is the designs and colors.

20. lovemybliss

lovemyblissNew Member

Threads:
    I do, but it's only because it looks good.