Do you still wear a watch nowadays?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Mar 11, 2013.

1. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I recently don't wear watches. This started with the invention of the cell phones since when I bought my first phone i dropped aside the concept of wearing watches. I usually use my phones to know about the time. I sometimes dont even use the phone since my laptop has a watch and i can know the time of the day through it.

2. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I agree, it is not indispensable to wear since I have a phone but I still wear a watch for style. I just got into wearing watches--I absolutely love them now. Unfortunately, I only have one watch but I'm currently in the midst of buying another.

3. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I wear a watch in order to keep track of time. I do use my phone, but the watch is more convenient because I sometimes can't get to my phone to see the time. I have a lot of different watches at home. Some work and some need a new battery, and I have a few that just need new.straps.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For personal reasons [which I'll not share], I don't walk around with a cell phone so it would be appear like a watch would be a necessity to me? No. Why?

1)I'm a self-employed artist. I got no deadlines to meet [got no boss to answer to] so to me all the hours are very much the same.
    2)I don't have to leave my home to work. So I don't need any schedules and if you ain't got no schedule, a watch serves no purpose.
    3)I don't care about what's going on in the world. I therefore don't have to catch any news bulletins, so a watch would just be an encumbrance to me.

But that's just me guys. I'm that eccentric.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you still even care to look at the time though? :D Like you know, "Oh, it's lunch or dinner time already, I gotta eat!", or you still don't follow such schedules, even when eating?

6. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah! I don't always have my phone on me so the watch is essential. It has an alarm, stopwatch and countdown timer on it. It's also a nice fashion piece too.