Do You Still Wear Straight Cut Pants In This Age Of Tight Jeans?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Jun 15, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, If that's the case, then you certainly are the type of person that prefers fashion over comfort! :) I'm the exact opposite though.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally don't necessarily go with fashion or comfort LOL I just go with what I like the look of, and if it's a good fit, as in it looks good on me, then I'll buy it, regardless of it being fashionable or not. Of course a little comfort helps, I don't want to be too uncomfortable LOL This is why I really like jeans with a little stretch.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would appear so, wouldn't it? I mean, there are times when I want to look good, and then other times I leave the house in my sweats, night shirt, and without having brushed my hair, so I guess it depends upon how I feel.

I will say that with the skinny jeans though, because they are so tight, I almost feel more secure? I know I'm not explaining that correctly lol.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, I agree, I think it depends on your mood and also to the place where you're going. I go out in knee-length shorts if I will just buy something nearby, but when I go to the mall I go out wearing jeans or a capri. Maybe you think loose pants make your legs vulnerable to the cold? As for me, I like my pants loose and comfy.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    The best way to put it is that they make me feel like I've got my shit together? Like I am ready to tackle any situation. I have a lot of appointments that I go to when I do go anywhere, and they make me feel like all of my stuff is close to me, and that I am in control of the situation. I know it's strange lol.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, I think I get you now. We talked about it before, the Starseed and teleport thing? I think that has something to do with getting your act together. :)

7. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I wear a mix depending on what top I'm wearing, where I'm going or my mood.
    I have jeggings to wear with tunics, bootcuts and slight flares to wear with my western boots, skinny or slim legs to wear with nicer tees and yes, I do have some straight leg and "mom jeans". I wear those on my most casual days like grocery shopping, errand running or when my yoga pants just aren't acceptable. LOL

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lol. I was thinking that it ran along those lines too. But it is so hard to put my finger on what exactly it is that I experience when wearing tight jeans - it's almost like all of my energy is together, and I feel like when I have all of my energy to put forth into the world, I'll perform better.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Yeah, I "know" where you're coming from. I remember you saying you feel slowed down in your body. How do you feel when you wear loose clothing?

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    In loose clothing, I feel like it's time to relax. I almost feel vulnerable and exposed?? But that isn't always a bad thing, if I am in a setting that compliments those feelings. But I couldn't wear loose clothing if I was going to go out to a business meeting or an appointment. I'd feel unprepared.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear whatever, whenever. I don't care about trends and I hate looking like everyone else. I do love my skinnies, but I love everything else in my closet as well. I could probably cover any trend that hits us lol, but if I wear it, it's for comfort or my own style, not because it's what's in. I just happen to be in regardless lol.. maybe the trends are following ME haha

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Loose clothing indeed looks awkward in a formal place or gathering. I haven't seen loose clothing as long as formal attires are concerned.

@JosieP@JosieP, I have always wondered who dictates fashion in general. When you see the masses wearing it, then you'll know it's in fashion these days.

13. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't wear straight-cut jeans anymore. They are not that trendy nowadays and I have already made shorts out of all my straight-cut jeans.

14. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    My closet has a ton of them, but I am more into the yoga pants and yes, those tight jeans. Though, I'm sure that straight cut pants will probably come back one day so I'm saving it. Or, I could make it into some simple shorts as well. You never know what fashion trends will come now, I mean jeans are ripped and they're "high end".

15. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    Honey, I no longer have the figure most of these people have. I cannot feel comfortable in the straight legged jeans. I feel most comfortable in these old fashioned jeans. If I did feel comfortable in these new wave jeans I would certainly wear them.

16. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I have a mix of styles from skinny to flare but I prefer bootcut/straight cut jeans. They look the best on my body. Although I rarely wear jeans so they usually just stay at the back of my closet.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bootcut jeans have long been out of style, too bad since I like the way they look. I wonder when they will make a comeback.

18. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    My understanding is that bootcut jeans are still being worn. I see them for sale in fashion catalogues and for sale on QVC and HSN. Bootcut jeans help balance out the figure for women whose largest feature is their hips. If you have bootcut jeans, put them on!

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess in the US they are still being worn, but in the Philippines they aren't popular at all nowadays. I do see people wearing skinny jeans and yoga pants though.

20. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    No and I prefer loose jeans. Cut pants made me look like some kind of rockabilly without enough money to pay up for a decent leather jacket.
    Besides, I don't personally like them.