Do You Still Wear Your Outdated Clothes Even If It's Not In Fad Anymore?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sidney • Mar 8, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a bunch of flared jeans which are now stuck in my closet, because they are not in fad anymore, and as I was looking at them, I thought of disposing them or selling them, but I don't know know if anyone would be interested in taking them. And I also wonder if flared jeans would still make a come back, so I decided to just keep them if ever that happens. I never bought a pair of skinny jeans for the same reason that I know that it has a shelf life, and when it's out of fashion then I can't use it anymore. Not to mention the design doesn't appeal to me.

So I would like to know if you still wear your outdated clothes even if it's not in fashion anymore? Or you stop wearing them and you just keep them in your closet when their time has passed?

2. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I personally wear my clothes regardless of if they are in style, or not. I do not care about what people think. If i spent my hard earned money on something i am going to wear it until it is worn out, but if you feel like you should not wear your old clothes any more. The best thing to do would be to donate them to a shelter, or good will. That way you will be helping someone less fortunate.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't tend to buy the latest fad in the first place, so I don't often run into this problem. As for flared jeans, I wore some that had a slight flare long after they were out of style. So long as it's not an extreme fad (like bell bottoms) that would stick out like a sore thumb, I think it's fine. I don't necessarily think that skinny jeans are going to really stick out within the next couple years either, especially when worn with boots.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes based on seasons and fashion. I buy clothes based on practicality and comfort. As long as my clothes are still wearable and not torn to bits, I'll continue to wear them. I'll even repair the torn ones if they can be saved. I think it's a waste of money to change clothes every season.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think we have the same type of flared jeans, the ones that have a slight flare to it, and I did wear them long after they were out of style. But I noticed that the people around me do not wear them anymore, either they were wearing skinny jeans and various styles of pedal pushers, so I thought that I was "out of place". :D So I became conscious and I have stopped wearing my flared jeans ever since.

6. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really buy trendy clothes, so my closet isn't really outdated. It's simple clothes, for example, a regular black shirt, a simple sweater, skinny jeans, a little black dress, etc.

All my clothes are simple and not in a trend, but I wear it in a way that would be acceptable during a certain fashion phase. I love fashion, and though I don't follow trends and I seem to work well with simple clothes, I find myself pretty fashionable. I still even receive compliments for my outfits. I've always had a creative imagination, and I wear clothes different compared to society.

7. samjane

samjaneNew Member

Threads:
    I still wear some of them at home as long as I still comfortable with them. I donated some to calamity victims because they will still find them useful. We can even recycle those clothes into other items such as bags, rags, or even stylish curtains and mats. There are lots of things to do with outdated clothes so there is nothing to worry if you find them bulking your closet.

8. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    Hey! A small tip from my side, if you are interested in DIY (Do It Yourself) activity like things and if you wish to no longer use those flared jeans then you better try making bags with them. They are really awesome and fun filled stuff and are useful in many ways. You can also make many things with them and just try to browse your own ideas and this is only if you have interest in such things.

9. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    If I like how they look on me, I wear them till they break. I don't care about fashion and what's "the color this season". Also, like people who create their own style, who mix clothes together in a way that breathes uniqueness.

10. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really care what is in style. I did when I was in high school but that was a long time ago. The most important thing to me when it comes to clothes is if they fit and are comfortable. I pay no attention to fashion or what's "in" anymore. I do love to watch the "red carpets" to see what celebrates are watching however I really don't watch fashion shows or read fashion magazines. I find that it's more important to wear what you want to wear and are comfortable. I am color un-coordinated anyway so I try to stick with color combinations that I know I like together but mostly I stick to clothes that are blue, black or gray.

11. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I never really buy clothes due to a certain fad or trend. I mean, I'm sure some of the stuff I have was once part of a trend that is longer popular, but I still like the way it looks. As long as it fits me and I feel good in it, I don't really care if something is not in style anymore.

12. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I still wear bootcut jeans sometimes because they are more flattering on me than skinny jeans.

I'm not always the most fashionable. I just wear what looks good on me.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip! But I think the cloth of the jeans can't really be made into a medium sized bag right? I'm imagining the legs part and it seems too small if I cut it and make it into a bag. The same goes for the crotch/rear area.

14. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, I still do wear them, especially if they are still comfortable. I do not pay so much attention to fashion anyway, that's why I'm not really bothered if it's not a fad anymore. As long as I feel good and look good, I'm fine with it.

Also, I tend to buy a lot of really basic pieces and so they do not really get out of fashion quickly. I still have jeans and shirts which I bought like 10 years ago and they are still very much in until now.

15. mrjohny

mrjohnyNew Member

Threads:
    I wear almost all the clothes I have, even is they are out, I don't care. I keep buying new clothes with style also.

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not into the 'fashion' stuff. Call me old school but I never will flow with the trend. I wear plain clothes which are never in or will never be in fashion. So, if I find a cheap 1970s suit, I'll buy it.

17. JoJoYorkshire

JoJoYorkshireNew Member

Threads:
    Like a lot of others on this thread I don't buy what is totally 'on trend' either, I buy what suits me and what I love, so I can wear it whenever. If I love a pair of full on 70's style flares and they suit me then I'll wear them even if everyone is wearing skinny jeans! I've never been one to wear what I'm told to in fashion mags etc. It's fun to dress is stuff you love rather than feeling like a slave to the whims of what is or isn't deemed acceptable by 'fashion', whoever decides what that is!

18. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    I don't know what "outdated" means. I have always bought clothes that I feel comfortable wearing. I don't care about fads and trends. In fact, one of my poofy jackets was bought in 1999 and I still wear it today. A couple of my jackets were bought in 2006. One of my pants was bought in 2001. Besides my dress shoes which I bought a couple of years ago, my runners were bought in 2011, my hiking shoes in 2006 and my other runners in 2006.

19. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I buy the clothes I like whether they are in style or not, so I don't have anything that can be considered a fad, at least I don't think so.
    So they never get outdated, since I like them and they are comfortable, as long as they don't get too worn out I can wear them, if they do get worn out they just get demoted to "house wearing" :)

20. Nicole87

Nicole87Member

Threads:
    Thankfully, I've never really cared about what's in style and what's not. I have my own unique style. Most of the time I just wear classic clothes like black or blue jeans, one-colored thirsts, a leather jacket or a black pea-coat.