Do You Stream Movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by chiofthenorns • May 29, 2015.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, do you stream movies or TV series? Sometimes, when I do not have extra money to buy Movie Tickets, I just stream the movie online. I know that this is considered "illegal", but I would rather do it and spend the money I have somewhere more important. What are your thoughts on streaming movies or TV shows online?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It all comes down to someone's ethics. Illegal though it is, it's hard to enforce some of the copyright laws because they don't apply everywhere. While I'm not for streaming, I'm also not against it either. For me though, I always try to find old shows on youtube and download them.

Take a look at the site linked to below. It's one of the few which are legit.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This isn't something I would recommend to people but I'm only doing it because I don't really want to spend a lot of money on movies given the fact that I'm not yet where I want to be financially... I stream full-length films online through shady sources. There are times, though, just for the heck of it, I buy original DVD copies of my favorite films despite having watched them several times already.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have absolutely no qualms about streaming or - more specifically - downloading movies or television shows online. I do it every day lol. Honestly though, it is more tv shows that I download. Movies jut do not have the capacity to hold my interest these days, so a movie has to look really good in order for me to feel like I need to be seeking it out online.

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, a majority of the time I go onto youtube and watch things there. I rarely watch movies online, but I do admit that I do it myself. If I really enjoy the movie, then I actually go and purchase it myself because I love the feeling of sifting through my dvds and blu rays to find something to watch on a rainy day :)

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, if I have plenty of time, I do stream shows online. But mostly, I just buy my own DVD copies of movies and television series because I am a DVD collector as well.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The first place that I look for movies and TV shows is also Youtube. But I know that Youtube has a lot of copyright issues with a lot of different mediums, which can be really really annoying. And sometimes the only way for the uploader to not encounter copyright issues is to alter the picture of their videos somehow. Sometimes half of the picture is cut off, or the audio is sped up. If that is the case, then I usually go elsewhere.

8. shanetx1969

shanetx1969New Member

Threads:
    I know that you have to really careful if engaging "illegal" streaming movies online. They can contain viruses. What I love to do in my spare time is stream movies through Netflix. But I must admit that at times the quality is not as good as buying or renting the DVD. I think it just depends on what else you have going through your internet at the time of streaming.

9. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I think everyone has streamed movies illegally once in their life right? Though it is not suggested, it can't be helped at times. We used to stream movies all the time but because our internet connection isn't that great, we just opted to watch movies in the theater. It costs more but my family thinks of it as a bonding experience. Of course there are still times when my brother downloads some movies online but that's only when the DVD version is out already which is still not legal but still can't be helped.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think movies are too long of a wait for me to stream it, so I'd rather just download them and enjoy better viewing quality offline. I do stream documentaries and 30 or 20 minute tv programs, but I don't stream movies.

11. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I do not participate in illegal reindeer games. I repeat: I, JoanMcWench, do not participate in any illegal things whatsoever. I also wish Michael S. Rogers all the luck in the world & a long fruitful life that leads to riches & happiness.

12. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    90% of my media is streamed. I don't think it's illegal where I live (Canada) I think you have to be using the works commercially to be breaking any laws.
    Anyways most media companies have been involved in shady and illegal things for years! The last 15 years has just been the markets way of correcting this injustice.
    Think about the 90's when CD's came out. A taped album cost around $5 and a CD album $20. Why is this? Tapes cost more to make (Think they have the mag tape, plastic shell and screws holding it)and more to encode. The price of a CD was artificially inflated to make more money (for everyone but the artists.)

13. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    Sadly, I can not afford to buy a movie every time I want to see it and with two kids going to the theatre isn't always an option since babysitters are scarce at times so I have to admit I download most of my movies and TV shows.

14. peter021

peter021New Member

Threads:
    Yeah when the circumstance permits me, and not happened to watch the movie while it is on showing, so to watch that, I'm streaming it rather, particularly when I simply want to kill time and I don't have anything to do, but sometimes it's better to what the movie on big screen :D

15. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I stream shows that I can't watch such as anime that are subbed to english or subbed shows from korea. If there is a movie I want to watch, but heard there are bad reviews; then I would actually stream it since I do not want to waste my money if the movie were to be bad.

16. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't stream movies, i download them instead. Streaming slows down my internet connection and it's not a good connection in the first place. I know it's not legal to do torrents but hey everybody's into it. It's so easy to download things online now too and you can just fine any movies/music you want.

17. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    With the advent of high speed internet and a plethora of streaming services, its become so very convenient to stream your movies or TV shows at a very nominal price. I watch most of my movies online with the help of these streaming services because its so comfortable and does away with the unethical practice of piracy and helps pay the original content creators.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am too concerned about getting a viruses from one of those sites, so I do not participate in those types of activities. I realize it is possible to get a viruses from legal sites also but I try not to go to sites that I suspect may have more of a chance of having a viruses.

19. ProNine

ProNineMember

Threads:
    Despite knowing the legality of this matter, yes, I do do it. Just like you, I'd rather stream it and save my money, not only because I can spend it on something else, but because I also know that I will most likely not watch the movie again. I'm the type of person who watches a movie once, unless it's really good.

20. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    We are getting to the point where you can stream just about anything you want, if you know where to look. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I have both Netflix and Hulu, and I stream things off with both daily. I also used Crackle. They are free, and they have a lot of good old TV shows and movies. Between those three, there's a lot of entertainment ground that is covered. And, you can use Chromecast and send them all to your TV. Cable companies, look out. The future is coming for you!