Do You Surround Yourself With Successful People?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by wameyo • Apr 6, 2015.

1. wameyo

wameyoNew Member

Threads:
    They say birds of a feather flock together. If you surround yourself with successful people you'll most likely end up being successful yourself. It's quite difficult to make it alone in this world. If it's business, you have to network with those who are already successful so as to learn from them.
    Are you surrounding yourself with successful people or at least trying to?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My idea of success is different than yours and most people's. No, I don't surround myself with that sort of "successful" people.. although, I am surrounded by them because life brought them to me over the years. I make a conscious effort to surround myself with happy people. People that understand other people and are fair and caring. Kind people. People that enjoy life.. are thankful for what they have instead of depressed because of what they don't have. Positivity.. that's what I surround myself with. Couldn't care less about who makes the most money and how.

3. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely would think that I am trying to. Many of my friends, I have come to realize, are low lifers who have absolutely no ambition in their life. While I still want to maintain a relationship with those friends, I am currently on the pursuit of finding some friends and colleagues who are on the mission to success and happiness. I have come to realize the importance of that.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I surround myself with like-minded people to exchange ideas and form new concepts along the lines of my interests. I like bright, witty, intelligent people from all walks of life. But I am definitely drawn to those who are independent and follow their own rules.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't surround myself with successful people because I'm not interested in hearing about their rich people problems or their stock portfolio.
    I hang out with artists, musicians, nature lovers, writers, philosophers ,hippies, coffee addicts, anime fans and funny people.
    I had a rich friend once and we went to IKEA, where she ran into one of her rich friends.
    She acted like she was ashamed to be seen with me and ashamed to be seen at IKEA and that's why I don't surround myself with upper class peeps.