Do You Take Advantage Of Free Events?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jasmine2015 • Nov 22, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    If you especially live in a big city, there is bound to be some activities. Like for instance in the summer, it is very common to have music festivals in parks and people could go to some of them for free. Or if you live near a park district, they will feed the kids free lunch in the summer if such program exists. I think you should even be able to check your local library on what's going on such as museums having free or discounts on tickets. I guess it would be faster to check the Internet these days to see what free events are going on in your town.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do. This area has a lot of free summer concerts and they are nice. I like to go to political events as well, where donating to candidates is suggested but not required. There is often a lot of good food and drinks at these events. Churches around here have a number of free fairs and so forth as well.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only "free event" that I know of over here are those street masses where the residents bring food to contribute to the said event. I don't go to such events, but my parents do because they get invited by our neighbors.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Locally on Oahu there are lots of free events like going to the library, parades that's coming this weekend that has a lot of food and ceremony of lighting of the City's Christmas trees to officially kick off Christmas on Oahu! Other small parades going on this weekend too. Libraries always has something going on for free. In our

there is a list of many different free going's on that you can attend. Now with Christmas it's even more free stuff to go to. There is always the beach to relax at too.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do like taking advantage of free events. I don't care if it's just a mall concert or sometimes I even get free tickets to actual events but I always just enjoy free shows in general. I think it's a great way to get some entertainment and still have enough money to buy food and drinks without feeling too guilty about overspending since I am already getting the show for free. It also helps to be friends with people with the same interest because they always share their tips and knowledge of where we can go to next.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still have to experience free food in events although I had partook of free movies. When we bought our home computer in 2009, it was through a promo event in the mall where credit cards were offering installment payments for 1 year with no interest. We availed of that promo and it was true. Now that we planning to buy a new computer, I am in search for another promo like that - interest free installment.

7. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I always like to keep an eye open about any free events that are happening in my local area, because it means that I will always have something that I can do without having to worry about spending any money on it at all. If you're trying to save money, there is certainly no need to be sitting at home bored, because there is always something to keep you entertained if you need it.

8. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I take advantage of free days as much as possible. I have 2 young kids so we try to get to the zoo and museums on free days. We live in a big city too so there's always a lot to do. I'll go and check online at the beginning of the month and see all the free dates and mark them on my calendar. It's a bummer though because a lot of times the free days are on weekdays instead of weekends and my husband works all day and we only have one vehicle. So we can't make those days. But it's still nice to mark them down to see what we can work out as a family.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I very seldom take advantage of the free events like the ones that have been described above. I have a very unique taste in music, despite being eclectic. Mainstream live concerts, or anything musical that I have not sought out or made arrangements to go and see myself, usually do not have the kind of music that I like, so I tend to stay away from things like that. If I go to a concert, I have to have sought it out myself to make sure that I have a good time.

10. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I live in a quite small area so this kind of free events are quite rare. Either way, if there's something interesting or entertaining going on of course I'm gonna hit it up, as I don't really have money to waste.

11. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I check our local family magazine for events religiously. I live in a pretty large city so there's always plenty of stuff to do. It's great for my kids because they get to experience lots of different things and great for me because I don't have to spend any money or very little. Plus, events are usually for the whole family and everyone has fun.

12. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    If I had kids, I would always look into free stuff to do and see. Since it's just me, it depends on what it is and how I'm feeling. Sometimes free in L.A. means too much traffic, too many people who are hanging out and it's best to stay home or go visit someone.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Totally. My daughter and I recently went to an author event at the local library where a comedian was promoting his new book.
    His reading of his book was funny, there was a Q and A afterwards, there was free coffee and bagels and my daughter won an autographed copy of the book as a door prize. If you're on a budget and want to do something cultural, most major cities have free events. You can also enter drawing for free movie passes online if your local newspaper or TV station offers them.
    My daughter and I have been to quite a few advance movie screenings for free because the local news has frequent giveaways if you enter on the TV station's website. Being on a budget is no reason not to go out and do things.

14. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! Whenever I can, you get me into free events, which include concerts, museum visits, dinners, city tours, and many, many others.

I live in one of the biggest capital cities of the world, so go figure all the wide array of free and paid activities taking place here.

15. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do, but most times parties (that are open to everyone and are free) in my country are filled with total weirdos. I mean they don't have an idea of how to act when in your a party. Someone will just hog all the drinks, dance like a crazy fool, and surely there are going to be pickpockets there. That's the way here in the Philippines, so I don't usually go to free events unless the organizer is well-known and I'm sure that I'm not gonna encounter any problems there.