Do You Take Supplements?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by remnant • Aug 25, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    It requires a large quantity of fruits to reach the recommended
    nutrient uptake (RDI) at any given time. This is not only unrealistic
    but also expensive necessitating one to take supplements especially
    vitamins. I have not yet started using them but I intend to start
    doing so soon. Do you think its a good initiative in they of side
    effects and other factors?

2. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I do take supplements daily. I am in a place where fresh produce is scarce and also we do our groceries once a month. So I think my intake of essential nutrients is not enough. My taking of vitamins could cope up with the missing doses that my body needs.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I take supplements every day as I know I don't get enough from the foods I eat. I take Vitamin D since I am almost always low on this nutrient. Calcium is another one that I take so that I don't end up having osteoporosis later on in life. I sometimes add Vitamin C when the cold and flu season is here so that it increases my chances of avoiding getting sick. I usually take a multivitamin but am currently out of it.

4. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I only take vitamin c and just trust my diet for the rest. I just don't believe in other forms of supplements other than food. I just think it really isn't healthy since I really do not know what they put in those capsules. I mean anything can be paid for nowadays, like a review of a product, papers that say a certain product is good for the body. I don't buy into that kind of thing.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Not regularly. Every time I ended up making use of them was by prescription. Particularly, I don't like them because it's easy to create a dependency (and that sucks).

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I used to be pretty big on the supplements and thought that they were worth it, and I think that you just reach a certain point where it falls out of interest, at least that is what happened for me.

7. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    At the very moment, and for the past few years, i have only been taking a multivitamin and omega 3 pills as i feel these are more than enough.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Food nutrients or the so-called vitamins are best recommended when you couldn't get the desired vitamins and minerals needed by your body. Nevertheless they couldn't surplus the quality of vitamins given by fruits.

9. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I've been taking multivitamins ever since I was a child and have suffered no side effects. Although taking supplements won't provide assurances that one will not get sick, doing something for your health takes a lot of worries off your mind and helps you focus on the daily grind. It would be almost impossible to expect your diet to provide you with all the nutrients your body needs. Some important nutrients are lost with the cooking process and it would be difficult to quantify how much nutrients you're actually getting from food. Consuming too many fruits may not be advisable for people who need to control their blood sugar.

10. vashk

vashkNew Member

Threads:
    Being that it can be hard to achieve taking in all the required vitamins within a day's meal, I found myself taking the supplements to ensure that I stay healthy. We need that to cope with the change in environment and stand better chances of survival. It's important. It's always better having them than having none at all.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do take supplements, herbs and vitamins daily. I'm older, & know that you can't get what you need from eating only & the body as it gets older depletes a lot of important nutrients, so I take my daily supplements. I found out that due to taking some medication that depletes even more nutrients from your body that will cause even catastrophic disease, so I definitely take CoQ10. I have had joint trouble too...found some herbs and totally relieved of aches. I do believe in supplements, so do some doctors for better health.

12. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I take them on and off to see if they make any difference but to be honest I don't think they do as I can take them for a few months and then stop and I don't feel any different. I suppose it could be that I am getting enough nutrients through my diet to keep me feeling healthy. I take Omega 3 pills because I think they help with aching joints and are supposed to maintain a healthy heart.

13. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Taking supplements is really beneficial especially for children and young adults since they are still prone to infections and diseases. When I was a little younger, I also take supplements to boosts my body's immune system. But as a grown man, I think I no longer need it since I believe in my body's own ability to ward off infections and diseases.

14. Jora

JoraNew Member

Threads:
    These are things I never used to worry about in my earlier years, but now I am also starting to think that it's time to start taking supplements for my health. I don't know how to go about it though seeing as there are so many different types on the market. Where does one even begin to find the right ones for themselves?

15. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I don't. When I was young, my mom bought me some supplements, but I always forgot to take them and eventually had to throw them away when they were expired. So, I rather don't buy it now. Moreover, I guess it's also because I do not really believe the benefits of taking supplements and I am just lazy to take them.

16. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I take supplements every now and again. I don't make it a permanent appointment because all the nutrients/minerals/vitamins you require is already provided for if you eat a balanced meal three times a day. I take supplements if I am preparing for a strenuous activity like a marathon race or during pregnancy. I am not 100% sure but I think there is a possible side effect if you take too much supplements, especially for some vitamins like Vit B and D. Like with everything that has to do with your health, the best option is to consult a qualified medical personnel before ingesting anything.

17. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    That's the case of a lot people that consume and take supplements since it's very difficult to reach the recommend amount alone.

18. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    I take supplements everyday. I don't want to, but I don't really watch what I eat so I don't think I have a balanced diet. I take sodium ascorbate. It's a vitamic C supplement. I used to take ascorbic acid but you can't take it on an empty stomach. Another supplement I am taking is vitamin B1+B6+B12 or vitamin B complex. I use it for my nerves. When I was 25, the left half of my body started feeling numb so it was difficult for me to sleep. The doctor said I lack vitamin B and that everyone should actually watch their vitamin B level when they turn 20. :D

19. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    i used to yes it's very helpful and good for the system gives you a big appetite and helps you eat more and put on weight

20. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I take vitamin and calcium supplements once in every six months.
    Vitamin D is a nutrient which many of us lack. These days, we have a lesser exposure to sunlight as well. So, over a period of time our body needs vitamin D supplement, which is pivotal to maintain proper functioning of many of our crucial body parts. And, calcium is of no use without vitamin D. It is the best if someone can procure these from food, but I know that my meals are not sufficient so, I take supplements.