Do You Tell People You Love Them?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by TheViper • Dec 6, 2013.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL!! I would, but from what I've seen, they have no clue. I get mixed messages from that group (teachers). I've had many give a huge sigh of relief when they heard I homeschooled. They said thank you to me on behalf of my children because they know first hand what a circus the education system is. I've had only a small handful react otherwise and they were so misguided.. and very old LOL. There are SO many teachers and doctors etc etc etc that homeschooled their kids. It's not a mystery why. Once upon a time it was better for children. Not anymore! Although, it's ridiculous.. you need a PhD to even answer phones these days.

It definitely is a way to control the masses and yet they're too stupid to see it's the first step in most people's failures. They grow up thinking their is only one path and when they fall off it, they get lost. They keep thinking of ways to reshape it and get more and more and more in those little skulls, not seeing that the answer is so simple. And I promise you.. the numbers are rising on the other side of the fence. Homeschooling is growing like a big beautiful weed lol.. they will stomp it out. They get money per child and with so many opting out.. well, you can see the issue for them. So many people complain about it because it's not what they grew up with and not once do they actually look at the stats that will show them exactly why we do this. Homeschooled children are by far more well rounded and test higher in all areas. Of COURSE there are going to be some who are sheltered and not learning a thing.. are they trying to tell me every single child in school is happy and getting straight As??? lmao.

And yes, I've sort of noticed we're very similar lol. Maybe it's the English blood :p OOohhh maybe we're related!!! haha.. could you imagine? I am sorry you had to go through that too though. Makes me wonder all the time who I would have become had they not interrupted my growth and learning with school, where they stomped it all out of me and made it uninteresting. I was always a curious child, figuring everything out on my own.. how things worked, recreating them, fixing problems, researching and discovering the world.. then BAM, I'm shoved into a seat, told to stay there, stop learning and start memorizing. Awful. It wasn't until recently I got back on the path I started out on, which is really really sad. I use my brain.. I probably would have done something great with it. Just like you will ;)

I ended up doing something far better with my brain though, so maybe it was all for the best. Just because I'm not a scientist, doesn't mean I'm not doing something very very important. That's the problem though isn't it? Everyone thinks if they don't end up in a lab or famous, they failed and the effort ends.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When even teachers - the people who work for the educational system - are thanking and encouraging you to home school your children - you know that something isn't quite right. Not even they believe in what they do, which is quite sad. And don't lie; you just don't want to punch those teachers because you don't want to break a nail. I've got you all figured out, JosieP LOL :p

I don't know anyone who home schools, but you. I REALLY hope that that begins to change in my region. I think that home schooling is actually a very brave move from the parent's point of view, so kudos for that. But the alternative is so risky, that I could also see how that could propel a parent into home schooling, without the parent having to hesitate about doing it. I find that people do not care about the stats. ALL they care about is that you follow suit, which is insane. But it is true.

Wouldn't it be serendipitous if we were related, and we met on random forum websites??? Craziness, but also serendipitous ;) It's really strange though, that we both had such a similar schooling experience. I actually cannot believe it!!!!!

You couldn't have put it any better. That is exactly how it goes. It certainly is, ' stop learning and start memorizing, and regurgitate it when we tell you to.' There are times when I can remember things, and times when I can't. Doesn't mean that I am any less smart because I can't recall certain facts at any one certain time. I still know the fact, and know that it will come back to me at some point. The facts usually do. But when it comes to taking exams at school, if you can't recall what you've been made to memorize at that specific time, then they have no choice but to mark your answer as incorrect, because they have no other way of knowing whether or not you know what is being asked of you. I get it, but it is still flawed.

And don't count yourself out. After having spoken to you about a wide range of topics, I feel that you do do great things with your brain!!! Even just with your children, which is only one aspect of who you are, you do great things with your brain!!!!! You own a top dollar brain!!!! LOL. Exactly, you don't need to be someone of 'societal status,' to be of value. I think that people get their own personal idea of happiness mixed up with what everyone else wants for them,and confusing it with what they want for themselves. And then when people reach 'conventional success,' they find that they are far from happy, and they also find that the fulfillment that they thought they'd find remains elusive. That's usually the point at which people begin to reassess their choices and path. Some act on those reassessments, and others don't. It seems like most don't, just because other people make it difficult to. The trick is to care about how you feel, more than you care about how others feel about how you feel lol.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lmao.. silly girl. There are no broken nails in headbutting lol.

It's absolutely true that people don't care about stats. The government just cares about money and worker bees and other parents don't like that they can't do the same for their children and they cry abuse and stupidity lol. Or they truly can't look beyond the box to see how insane school actually is. I know people who see the inside of both the school and youth detention systems who say that school is absolutely much like a prison. I couldn't spend one day in a school today without throwing a fit for those kids, I couldn't imagine being them and having so much more expected of them in 8 hours than any adult. Actually, I can.. which is why I homeschool lol.

We had such a similar school experience because it's the most common experience there is. Isn't that sad? ALL children are being held back in school.. from their potential and who they really are.. no matter what their grades are. I won't give them the same opportunity with my boys. If they end up homeless and begging for scraps, it was on their terms lol.

I've experienced a smaller world before, we could totally share some blood haha. Well.. most of us do, but you know what I mean lol. What's the first letter of your family's last name? LOL. No worries, I won't go beyond that.. if I want to stalk you I'll just roam the UK yelling "DREEKSTER" and someone will surely point you out to me :p

Your last paragraph is dead on. I mean, aside from how right you are about my magnificent brain lmao (thank you for that!! A girl doesn't often get that impression of herself when she spends her life around box dwellers). I absolutely feel the same about your squooshy head sponge too :) Even if you don't end up doing whatever it is you want to do.. you already contribute to a better world. Just think about that for a second. Anyway, yes.. people want for themselves or expect for themselves and anyone who wants or expects otherwise are off their rocker and wrong. Just like the teachers against homeschooling. I sort of get it.. but it's probably mainly because homeschooling threatens everything they thought, learned and how they spent their lives. It would have all been for nothing in a way and they would have contributed to actually hurting or delaying children along the way. Nobody wants that, so fight it instead. The sad thing is, nobody wants to even look into it and see the better ways and the respect and trust kids deserve. They don't think any child has any business deciding who they actually are. Which is why they look so confused when I hand them the vaseline.

4. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    I say first I never tell anyone I love them if I don't mean it. But I do tell my mom and younger siblings that I love them all the time. I think that it is important to tell the people you love that you love them and to make sure that they know it. I also tell my fiance that I love him all the time and he does to. But his family does not do that I rarely hear them tell each other that they love each other which is weird to me. Because I say it when I get off the phone when I am on the phone an when I see them when I give them hugs and kisses bye. I make sure that they know that I love them.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    It is interesting that your take on it is that we had such a similar school experience because it is the most common. I'd have to disagree. Most of the other children were not like me. Us. I think that what it was - overall - was me really coming into my empath abilities, and profoundly seeing and feeling the toxicity that surrounded the schooling experience, and knowing that it was absolute bullshit! They'd try to scare us into believing that if we failed our GCSE's we'd never be able to get anywhere in life, and in normal adult life, nobody gives a fuck about your GCSE grades lol. Nobody asks about them. No one cares. They mean absolutely nothing ad far as finding a job. For other kids, I feel like they didn't like school and it didn't make them feel good. They knew that something felt off, but it didn't seem to effect them in the way that it affected you and I. I was the only child/teen that I knew of who was like me. Not sure if that has changed though, because I haven't been in school for years now. But when I was in school, our experience was not the norm.

'If they end up homeless and begging for scraps, it was on their terms.' <-- Lmaooooo!!!! The choice is everything lolling!!!!

What is crazy is that most do not even know what is being done to their children. Then there are the parents who sense that there is something wrong, but because they went through the schooling system and supposedly, 'turned out alright,' then what harm will it do their child? That is how people think. It is amazing how adults will forget what it was like to be a kid.

LOL! The first letter of my last name is 'K.' It's quite a majestic last name and it belongs to my mother's side of the family, because I used to have my father's last name, which began with a 'T.' But when my mother realized that she was basically going to have to raise me and my sister by herself, she changed our name back to, 'K,' which sounds SO much better!!! I have all sorts of Scottish blood, and Irish apparently. My father told me that. But not sure if he was high at the time or not lmaoo!!!

I wasn't telling you anything that you didn't already know regarding your brain's capabilities. But you're welcome lol. You make an excellent point. I hadn't thought of it like that before. Those that have been a part of the system - many think they are doing a good service. And they mean so well. But for them to actually discover the harm that they are doing by doing the government's bidding? It would flip everything on its head. I would suppose the ones who don't grasp the magnitude of what role they are playing would deserve some Vaseline. But the reptiles in government wouldn't get a DROP!!!!

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh god, absolutely not lol.. maybe some cayenne :D Everyone means well, I know. I'm not even sure I really want everyone to look too deeply into it, because then those of us who are free to the extent we are, won't be for much longer. We're already getting so much attention now, with people being SO angry we won't do the same to our children.. I just can't see it lasting long. But then I see so many kids who are suffering in school (literally.. as I've said, I have family members who work in the system) and I see so many that don't even realize they're suffering (and yes, that's by my standards, but being able to be yourself should be EVERYone's standards) and kids being beaten figuratively and physically, kids who are shamed for not memorizing enough or quick enough to pass a test and wipe the slate clean, kids who are shamed for having energy, kids who are drugged for being a kid. Had anyone assessed me at any point when I was in high school they likely would have convinced my family to drug me too.. I was a problem child. And people think that's on the child and it's something in their brain when if they would just stop and focus on just one day in the life of a child at any age, they would likely be distracted or squirrelly or acting out too. Just thinking about one of my days in comparison to my family's at the time.. wow, adults have it good haha. That's why I say our experience was the most common. On so many levels I see us in those halls even today and in so many different levels. Those kids want to be with their friends.. they do not want to be in school and they all deal with that in their own ways. They're unhappy. And those who say their kids are smiling aren't very deep people. They're happy despite school.. not because of it. Yes, there are kids loving the all over experience of it, but they are far and few between. I don't believe any child belongs in school.. but if we must have it, it's safe to say at least most of them don't. And needing a babysitter isn't a good enough reason for me.

Ok.. we're probably not related lol. That would have been the coolest story ever! lol. My grandmother was English.. her last name starts with a B and it's probably common, but it's a great name! My husband and I took it when we got married actually. A new start for both of us and we could carry on the name that meant so much to me growing up. And I've also got some Irish and Scottish blood. My father's side is Italian. No matter how you look at it, I just don't belong on this continent at all lol. I'll take Canada's version of freedom over the rest though. For now anyway.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    You make a good point, but I'm always hoping that something will be done - the more people who look into it, if that makes sense. But on the other hand, I don't have a solution. I just know that the current system is off. Home schooling is the answer for some, but others will not be able to do that.

Don't count us out for being related just yet lol. I have cousins who have different names due to the fact that they have their father's surname. But that does not negate the fact that me and them are still related. And even if that doesn't work out, we are still a part of the human family lol. Not sure whether I'd say that about racists, and misogynists though. But I'll apply it where we are concerned ;)

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do wish everyone would look into it.. it's just, the eyebrows are already raised because the numbers are CRAZY recently. Everyone is taking their kids out of school or never taking them to begin with. The rules are different from province to state to country, but if schools lose money on this, you know the dictator hammer will drop. Here, those who have been in school but were taken out, are still registered (so the school still gets money), but they leave you alone. Those who have never been to school, never have to register.. so those children are the ones that threaten the system. Then there's the fact that many will now take their kids out just because they can.. no plan to even do anything with it, just use it to not parent on one more level. Though I suppose that type are happy their children are in school to begin with. These people will add up huge and then the mandatory cavity searches will begin. I just can't wait to see what happens if they start requiring anything of us.. don't mess with moms, they're the real rulers of the world lol.

I have no doubt we share blood somewhere along the line.. curious to know how long or short the line is though! lol. Plus, it's not like my family over there stopped reproducing once my grandmother left lol.. you never know :) Got any "M"s? LOL

9. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    I don't usually tell the people I love that I love them. And when I do, it is always in a joking manner. But I try to show them that I do love and care for them even if I seldom tell them in exact words.

10. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    I say it occasionally when it fits the moment, but I guess I don't say it very much to friends. That's basically because those who are dear to me know that I love them without me having to say it^^

11. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I try to tell people I loved them. I learned the hard way that life is very short. If we don't tell someone we love them we may never get a chance to do so tomorrow. I have a dear friend who has been there for me through good times and bad yet now I feel as if I am about to lose her as I did my parents. I spoke to her on the phone last weekend and found out just how grave things are. I told her that I loved her, and she told me she knew that. The thing is we waste so much time concealing our feelings from others, but when they aren't there its too late to tell them how much they meant to us.

12. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely know that I don't tell people enough! I guess I was never brought up to be demonstrative and open like that. But it's one of those "if you had one week to live, what would you do?" type of scenarios that you don't want to leave too late.