Do You Think Bitcoin Is Superior To Us Dollars?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by unrealjoe • Feb 14, 2015.

1. unrealjoe

unrealjoeNew Member

Threads:
    What are your opinions on bitcoin, the inflation etc.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bitcoin is superior to nothing.In less than one year the value of bitcoins dropped by ore than half. Valued at more than $500 early last year, it's now below $200. How much do you suppose those who invested in bitcoins have lost in less than one year?

In terms of volatility I must admit that bicoin certainly is superior to the dollar.

3. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I strongly disagree, Bitcoin has plummeted in value and continues to do so. To invest in Bitcoin as opposed to the USD would be a bad choice. As well as that there is just so little accessibility with Bitcoins, even now after many years they are still a largely unsupported currency.

4. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I read that Warren Buffet says Bitcoin is an illusion, it is not a currency. He said it is a way to anonymously transfer money and that is that. To think of it as it's own currency is foolish and it will never become anything of real value. Now don't quote me on all that but it was something alone those lines :)

5. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I actually agree 100%, that's a very good way of looking at it as more a way to send anonymous money than an actual currency. I'm not good with business stuff but surely for a currency to be considered a currency it'd have to be more widely adopted?

6. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I also agree with what Warren Buffet said. Bitcoin is something that has little to no value and only those who mined them religiously are the reasons behind Bitcoin's price inflation last year. If bitcoin is to be considered a currency then it would have to be supported by every single person living on the planet much like the other currencies that currently exist today. And because of that, I don't think that bitcoin would become a real currency because there are lots of people who are very skeptical about it.