Do you think hairfall depends on the kind of water we use to wash our hair?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by margarito • Jan 22, 2014.

1. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    I always had a doubt regarding the water we use to wash our hair frequently, whether it is a consequence for hair fall or not. Is it true that the extent of our hair fall depends solely on the water? I was put in a dilemma when one of my friends argued with me the other day on this issue and she constantly debates saying the change in climate and water within a locality surely results in drastic amount of hairfall. I seriously worry about this because we recently shifted to a new place within the same city but with a change in water. Also I'm facing severe hairfall problem these days. So do you think this change effects my hair?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think hair fall is because of what you wash your hair in. Hair breakage does. Hair fall relies on what you put IN your body. So if you're worried about your water, look into filtration options. You can buy filters for the fridge or for directly on the taps in your home (and shower head) or you can go all out and get a system for the home. Reverse osmosis is the most effective (the others don't remove everything they should, although they do a great job at what they do filter as far as I can tell. But for the most part, they just make the water taste better).

Any other changes? Any stresses to the body? Diet change? If water is the only change, I would consider the filtration systems.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the shampoo that you use can cause your hair to fall, because the ingredients are too strong. I only experienced having hair fall when I was using VO5 shampoo, but when I stopped using it, the hair fall stopped as well. So you might wanna observe if this continues even after changing shampoos.

4. andymark25415

andymark25415Banned

Threads:
    the main causes of hair fall is eating unhealthy diet and intake the excess alcohol.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've lived in many different countries and have been exposed to all kinds of water. In my experience it's not so much the quality of the water that determines how much hair I am shedding, but rather the level of stress that I am under. For me the amount of hair that I collect in my bathroom after a shower is a good general indicator of my health.

6. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    The reasons for hair fall are multifold. Main reasons are scalp infection and poor nutrition. You need to consume protein-rich diet for a healthy hair. Stress, chronic health conditions like thyroid gland problem, diabetes, and harsh chemicals also cause hair fall. Sometimes, it could be a genetic problem as well, and you can do little about it. You can, however, avoid hard water and use filtered water for a hair wash.