Do You Think The As Seen On Tv Things Are Junky?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by dashboardc33 • Jan 6, 2016.

1. greystone

greystoneNew Member

Threads:
    they are definitely junky, have tried some products and it really sucks!

2. brightmind

brightmindNew Member

Threads:
    I tried once but had a bad experience. So, definitely I wont try another. Good luck to those first timers.

3. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcanoNew Member

Threads:
    Most As Seen on TV items are bad, some of them are average and very few actually stand out. You have to know that almost all of these products are designed as a cash grab and as a way of making more money than they're supposed to make in the first place. We all need to be careful with reviews, nowadays you find out that some reviews are paid for so that way you can't know if a product is good or bad, you gotta look elsewhere and look for legitimate reviews.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't had many of these products, but I wasn't especially impressed by the ones I did have. They were made cheaply and did not stand the test of time. IF I was to buy another one of these products, I would buy it in as Scene on TV Store, or another retail store, where they all go to roost after their stint as a TV star. You don't have to pay shipping that way.

5. 17emilyhalko

17emilyhalkoMember

Threads:
    I generally think that "as seen on TV" items are usually a waste of money. To begin with, they are very rarely of an optimal quality. Secondly, they are usually not as easy to use as they seem on television. Also, they sometimes don't actually work! It's very hard to tell the quality of a product unless it is tangible and in front of you. It is very easy for companies to entice consumers and to trick them to buy a product because of a misleading add on TV. After the ShakeWeight I will never buy "seen on TV" items again.

6. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    Seen on tv products are usually niche inventions that overcomplicate simple things. I kind of wanted the bacon bowl until you realize that if you have ceramic bowl, you can make a bacon bowl in the oven. There are As Seen On TV products in Walmart now, so you can get an up close look at the product and they always fail to show real quality. For the money, shipping, and time it takes for you to get the product you could have bought a better quality and mastered the use of it. Though you have to admit, the ads are hilarious with how incompetent the people are.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not purchased any items from the TV because I think the of the item is poor. We have local stores that carry the As Seen On TV products. What I have seen they are not worth the money that is being asked for them

t
    at carry the AS Seen on

8. HappyKoi

HappyKoiNew Member

Threads:
    My biggest problem with buying things from TV is that you can't see them or touch them for yourself, and you can't really see the quality. Some of these things look nice, but then when you get them you find that they are made from very cheap plastic that breaks easily. I think another person pointed out that some of these products can be easily made at home, like the Bacon Bowl, for instance. There are quite a few others I have seen, but unfortunately no names are coming to mind right now. Many of the things that these gadgets do can be done just as easily with household items most people already have. Places like Wal-Mart (and Meijer, in the Great Lakes states) are good places to buy these things if you really decide you want them, because then you can see them up close for yourself, and also returning them if they don't suit your needs is much easier.