Do you think the price of boarding kennels really matters?

Discussion in Pets started by joyful728 • Oct 30, 2014.

1. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    I guess my title says it all. Do you think there is a difference between a vet who charges $12/day and a vet who charges $15/day to board your pet. Especially if the facilities pretty much look the same? I mean - usually vet techs are going to treat your animal the same way they wold treat him/her regardless of how much you are paying, right?

What are your thoughts? Do you go above and beyond with trying to find the best kennel to board your dog or cat at?

Do you think vet clinics are really the best places to board your pets, or is it best to try to hire a pet-sitter?

2. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    There may or may not be. It depends on the vet. Some have amenities and it is more home like. We have one here who has an amazing facility. MOST of the time I would go with pet sitting, though. Most pets are more comfortable in their own home. And yes, I go above and beyond. Just like if I had a kid, I'd go above and beyond to find the best preschool. I wouldn't just send him to any old one or the cheapest I could find.

3. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    Most vets here do not board pets. However, when using a true kennel, research and visiting the facility is vital! I have a kennel local to me that is in a wooded area, but not far from a busy road. A woman went on vacation for 10 days, and when she returned, she was told her dog ran away and got hit by a car. They buried the dog and never even tried to call her. The kicker? They still asked her to pay US $400 for the days the dog was there!

4. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to pet care, you often get what you pay for. Businesses that specialize in caring for animals will often hold a hefty tag because they are feeding, watering, monitoring, grooming and making sure that your pet gets regular exercise. Many even offer other activities and perks for their boarders while they are there. Do a bit of research and talk to other customers of the service to make sure that they are reputable and whether their services are worth the price tag before you leave your pet or pay them money.