Do You Think There Is Too Much CGI in Movies Nowadays?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Apr 14, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    There definitely are too many CGI scenes in movies. They still try to sell movies with a 3-D effect which is pointless. I really hope that they go back to just making good movies. With a great plot and character development then you can't go wrong.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm probably going to sound really dense for asking this but what is CGI again lol...??

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, and a lot of it looks like trash. I recently saw the first Hunger Games movie and was less than impressed with their use of CGI. I am pleased to say that the second improves it;s CGI significantly.

4. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    CGI stands for Computer Generated Imagery (Or similar wording). I create 3D models myself and a lot of time and hard work goes into creating even just a static model and the industry has improved more in the past 5 years than it has since it's conception. It may not look 100% realistic now but were they not being included in todays movies, then it would not be able to progress to what it will become in the future, which will be *more than real*