Do You Think Windows Os Is Worth The Price Compared To Linux ?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by mbuzma • Dec 18, 2017.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Do you think Windows is worth the price, considering the existence of many free Linux distributions/versions ?
    I'm a gamer, and I do think Windows is worth it, since Linux doesn't have great native game support - games are rarely ported to Linux. The graphics drivers are also inferior in performance compared to Windows versions.
    Otherwise, I think I could go without Windows. Linux has many great applications, and while they are not always on par with the professional apps Windows gets, they are free and good enough for my needs.

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Laptop buyers hardly ever notice the price of Windows OS because most units are sold with Windows on them. If I have to buy it separately, then I would say that Windows is worth its price for ease of use and compatibility with a lot of software and systems. Linux is not for everyone. It has a learning curve that not everyone will want to go through. I'm a bit familiar with Linux only because I've used DOS in the past but it could be tough for others who've been spoiled with the smooth Windows OS interface.