Do you torrent instead of paying?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Livvy • Jul 10, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Torrents are heaven sent if you know what I mean. I have downloaded lots of free movies already because of this and I am also not ashamed to admit it. Why pay when you can get them for free right? I even get to watch whole seasons of tv shows, both defunct and current for free because of torrents. Before I used to buy pirated dvd's, but now I only download torrents.

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'm not going to lie about that. I think most of us nowadays do torrent. I know it's not considered legit but hey, it's totally accessible online and for free so why not benefit from it. I honestly haven't paid for any movies or music for as long as i can remember. It's just so easy to look up for things you want to download online and with no charge, so like most people, i choose the one where i don't have to spend any money. :p

3. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like somewhere out there there's an NSA agent taking notes ;)

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I frequently go to the cinema, so those movies I have already watched at the cinema, I wouldn't bother to download at torrent sites. However, when I need to find new movies which I failed to view during their release dates, torrent sites are a welcome respite. If I get tired of waiting for the download to finish, though, I opt to buy DVDs or Blueray discs. This spares me the agonizing waiting period.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Torrents have been a great way of sharing all sorts of media and programs for over 10 years now, but I've recently soured to using them after getting two DMCA notices for downloading Real Time With Bill Maher. There used to be the belief that it was near impossible to find out who is downloading the files and that the end user wasn't really guilty of anything because they were not sharing the whole file at any given moment. But that's obviously not the case, they can pinpoint users who are downloading a movie/app/whatever.

I've mainly shifted over to sites which mirror shows and movies across a variety of streaming services, so I can watch them without downloading them to my hard drive. This seems to be much safer since the movie studios would have to go after hundreds of these services at once and attain warrants to see who is downloading what.

6. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds really off. I don't really torrent all my stuff not anymore at least but back when I was broke and I'm in college I tend to really torrent the hell out of everything. Movies, documentaries, books. Anything that costs a lot of money to purchase, I tend to torrent. Yes it's unethical but it's necessary. I don't really consider it as stealing because you're not really stealing anything, you're just borrowing it.

Think of it this way, somebody purchased a movie and decided to share it for free online. Yes it can be illegal but it's not like he's making money off of it. It's not different from borrowing your friends bicycle or his copy of a movie on DVD.

7. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I used to download torrents a whole lot back when I was still in college. I wanted to save every little bit of money I got. I don't want to spend anything on movies, games and software. But when I was already earning, I stopped using torrents. And I got a better understanding of how bad torrents could be in terms of copyright issues and all that legal stuff.

8. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy downloading movies as torrent rather than paying for it. I think it is quite a saving that I do by not paying for the movie. It is very cheap and very comfortable to watch movies at home. I do not remember the last time I have been to the theatres. Although you do not get the same experience as watching as in a theatre, it is quite manageable.

9. TheKid

TheKidNew Member

Threads:
    I believe that torrenting is wrong and that you should stream it legally or buy it but I can't judge you because I myself has torrented a lot of movies in the past(when finances were tight). Looking back I realized that I did a crime and I promised myself not to do it again:D Of course, if you can do it without feeling bad about it, go ahead. Oh, and I still have utorrent installed because sometimes when I need to download a large file I will choose to download it as a torrent.

10. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I torrent the shows and movies I watch. I am not from the US, so I cannot watch movies on Amazon Prime. I know it's a bad habit, but I don't really sell the movies I download. After watching them, I delete them.

11. sharpayvargas1

sharpayvargas1Member

Threads:
    Yes, I really rely a lot on torrents. Almost all of the movies I want to watch are readily-available in torrent sites. It also saves a lot of money. With a good internet connection, you can download at least 5 movies overnight for free. They are usually very updated that new movies can be easily found. There's a lot to use from and you can choose the quality. I usually try to find first the movies that were uploaded by YIFY and then tada! High Definition movies!

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do definitely. Why would I pay if I could have the file, either it would be a multimedia or not, for free and not pay the high price its tagged with. It's not practical, so I always resort to torrenting. The problem is, not all files are readily available in almost all websites. I would always have to look for more that one site, and if I can't find what I need, that's the time that I buy. But I only do if i really need it.

13. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I only use torrents when I am curious about a movie or show but do no want to put down any money for it. If I like the show or movie, I do eventually buy or at least rent it because I want to support it.