Do You Trust Anti-virus Reviews And Awards?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Jason76 • Nov 20, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Do you think it automatically means a better product? Which reviews do you trust? Well, obviously most good ones would come from major PC magazines and websites. However, though, do you feel they could be biased due to advertising. I mean, one magazine, Consumer Reports, at least doesn't allow ads, so as to not be biased - but is that misleading?

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I remember the time when they said Avira is the best. All it did is to slow down my computer and accused the games installed on my PC as virus. Then there is Kaspersky, That Anti-virus use to be so popular until the controversial incident where it got hacked.

I am sticking with 360 security. It is a one stop shop as it is an anti-virus, anti-malware and junk file cleaner in 1 software.

3. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan Avira was at one time notorious for reporting false positives, I'm not sure if they changed it

Anyway, I don't even use anti virus software on my PC anymore. I've used both Avira and Avast, and like the user above said all they did was slow down my PC without ever detecting anything ( it could be that my PC never did get infected with anything, but either way it was pointless using them ). Norton and Kaspersky are both absolutely terrible, they WILL slow down any PC. I've seen a couple of sites recommend Bitdefender, so that is what I would use if I had to.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I really do, in as much as I trust other reviews. I do not just take one and try to read as many and get the opinion of people that covers a range, but that is not always possible.

5. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    We can't really trust the reviews from single individuals or parties. We have to do thorough research about specific antivirus software before trying them out. The main challenge here is the the reviews may be generated by the owners, who will abviously give dishonest reviews.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any trust anymore. I have read so many reviews especially their good services may offer to the user. They are excellent. But what is the sad this, the virus still exists. It doesn't remove from the computer, besides new viruses are mushrooming. It seems that those anti-virus program is another form of lucrative business. So what I did, just to avail of those free anti-virus remover.

7. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    The best reviews you can trust are the ones that are nice and detailed that have at least a 4 star rating. You are right to feel a bit unsure of any bias that may be involved within these software. They could just be after your money, I would try to check reviews on various sites and online reviews just to be sure to see if it is worth the money or not.

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Not sure if I trust reviews, mainly because I ran into an incident where switching my anti-virus from a high rated one to another high rated one stopped a major problem I was having