Do You Trust Buying Makeup From Ebay?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by cecejailer • Jun 29, 2016.

1. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    I've never had terrible experiences with buying makeup from eBay but I can notice they're obviously not really high quality. I've bought a lipstick that lasted the whole freaking day and when I woke up the next day it was still visible! So I started wondering... What kind of crazy chemistry is that? What is in cheap makeup? Is it bad for me?
    What do you think? Do you have any experiences?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not purchased make up from eBay personally, but I would have to say that you should be careful from where you buy it from. I would stick to recognized brands and research the seller that I am buying it from. I would look to see the reviews of other make up that was purchased from the seller and to see where the seller is located. I usually do not do business with sellers who have less than a rating of 98%.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased makeup products on eBay, but I usually stick to the brands and products that I'm familiar with, so I haven't had the same experience as you. I have purchased some of the cheaper generic cosmetics in stores on occasion and have noticed a significant difference in the quality of some of those, as compared to the ones I typically use, but there are some that seem to be good quality.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't unless it was from an ebay store or the person had several items they were selling. For instance people sell items they get from beauty subscription boxes, which are fine if they say why they are selling them. You can usually check when an item was in a beauty box to check this in any case.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that would have petrified me! It can't be a good thing if the lipstick lasts that long. I have never bought makeup online, and would be very wary unless it was directly from the outlet store of a well known high street store like BodyShop. I bought these 'Mac' makeup brushes once, was blissfully unaware, only to be alerted by eBay that they were fake and the sell was subsequently banned. Had that never happened to me, I'd probably not have a problem taking my chances. Now I just wouldn't dare.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    That's strange. I've never really bought make up from ebay or online for that matter. Generally, before i buy things online, i make it a point to read as much reviews as possible for that specific item and decide then if it's worth a try.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never thought about buying make up from eBay. I don't tend to buy a lot of make up so I am not really expert when it comes to quality. I would think as long as they are namebrand products they would be OK to purchase. I would also look at the seller rating to see what it is, and if it seems like a trustworthy person.

8. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    Although I have never tried buying makeup from Ebay, and thus can't really judge the experience, I don't think I'll ever try it. I don't mind cheaper products, but if I'm going to buy a cheap product I still want to make sure it's worth my money. Personally, I'd rather be able to inspect it in-store so that I know what I'm getting, and thus would rather not buy some random palette or product online.