Do You Try New Products?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Jul 7, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Most people are late adopters and non adopters. Relatively fewer try out new products despite the fact that the people behind them try to sell them cheaply compared to similar ones available in the market and give out samples. This has to do with functional risk where people tend to view newer things as inferior. Are you an early adopter?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always love trying out new items, but sometimes it does not happen because of the price. Usually new things are expensive. However, whenever I can, I love trying new stuff. At least I always know of new stuff, and that goes for technology, Beauty, fashion, gadgets. I love to know what's up and coming, even if I don't buy it in the first week of the launch .

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I'm an early adapter because I went to Marukai Wholesale Mart near my home and I always go a bit of window shopping to see what's new and found a little candy with 3G of sugar and I bought one bag to see what it tastes like. Well it's delish and light and I loved it. I went back a day later and found that it was still on in store sale and got 3 more bags. I like trying new things if I think I might like it and at an in store special it just can't be beat too. Love new items especially when on an in store special or sale!

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I would not say that I am an early adopter, but I do like to try new products. I do have to question the whole people viewing newer things as inferior...is that really the case? I think that I understand wat you are saying, but that might not be it. I just know that newer things tend to be better in my opinion. Either way, though, it does take a certain person to be able to dive in and try things right off the bat.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like trying new things as long a the price is reasonable, and especially when the one I am using is not exactly what I like. I just found a new kind of dog food today, and when I read the ingredients and they looked like they would be healthy for the dogs, I got a bag for them to try out. We were shopping at Sam's club; sso the price was reasonable, and actually cheaper than the brand of dog food that I had at home, Purina Beyond.
    Sometimes the stores put new things on sale so that people will try them out, and when i find something like that; i will usually buy one and see how well that I like it.
    If the item is expensive, and the one that I have works fine, then I am not going to spend money just to have one that is newer.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Appearance is a big deal when it comes to advertising.Therefore, there are times when I might see an attractive package of goods and I might figure that if the makers spared that amount of effort to make the goods seem so enticing then probably there may be some worth to it. This prompts me to sometimes gives the product a try and in some instances, it does work out to be a good decision and I continue buying the item.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I try out new brands with some products and on some I tend to just stick to the ones I'm familiar with. Still, i do tend to at least give it a shot at least once as long as it's affordable to do so. If it's a type of item where trying it out can get expensive or risky then I may just stick to the brand where I am sure I will like but for the most part I do enjoy discovering new brands here and there.

8. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I love trying new products, especially ones for my hair. I'm always looking to find an affordable and quality product, such as conditioner or moisturizing creams, for my thick curls. At the same time, I probably won't try a new item/product if it just released because they tend to be the most expensive at this time. I usually try to wait a few months/weeks so that the price reduces or I'll find a free sample/some other deal.

Is there a new product you tried that you will be purchasing again?

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also very adventurous when it comes to products. I usually pay attention to the price, the ingredients (whether they're organic or full of harmful chemicals), nutrition facts (when buying food) and the place where the product was manufactured. You can't use the same products all the time and sometimes, you'll be surprised that there are better products out there that aren't really pricey but are capable of producing the results you desire.

10. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on what it is. I won't try out a new laptop from a new company that just started because I think that the company lacks many things that the bigger companies lacked in their starts because of money most likely, and R&D.

I choose to be biased against companies that work in the world of electronics.

I need to see them become established. When the iPhone 6 came out "the big one", I remember people talking about how the phone bent int heir pockets, so I guess I can't really be biased towards brand new companies.

11. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I also like trying out new products especially if they come at reasonable prices and they look presentable or safe enough for me to use. I remember trying out a new dish-washing liquid which was sold at a promotional buy-one-take-one price. So far I was happy with it when I tried it out. :)

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If getting free samples I will try a new product because it's free.If I like the product and it's cheaper than something I regularly use, I'll switch that's until they jack up the prices and at that time it again would be the right time to find an alternative that is cheaper.

p.s Except for beauty products I don't see why anyone shouldn't try newer cheaper products.

13. Narumiya

NarumiyaNew Member

Threads:
    I love trying out new products! A lot of them are very appealing and nicely packaged, so I tend to gravitate towards them. Of course, if they have free samples, I'll take those first before I decide whether or not I would want to buy them, honestly. But so far I haven't really had much luck with products to help with my facial acne, and I've tried a ton of facial washes already, so I'm more open to trying out a new facial wash or any anti-acne product on the chance that it will work on me.

14. shcoo

shcooMember

Threads:
    I meticulously read online reviews before I make a big purchase. I also put a lot of trust in the opinions of my friends. If they have a product they recommend, and I get to go over to their home and try it in person, I feel much more confident purchasing it for myself. I try to avoid impulse buys (but clothing and accessories are still my weak spot.)

15. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I am one who likes to try new items provided I it's something I like. Meaning, if I get a free sample and I like it then I'll go out and purchase it. I'm one of the those people that the free samples work on. I'm not one to go out and try new products I like to stick to what I know but if I get a free sample then of course I'll venture out of my comfort zone and try something new.

16. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like trying new products, but I'm probably not what you would call an early adopter. I'm certainly not going to pay a lot for something, just because it's the hot new thing. I learned a long time ago that I cannot afford to "keep up the Jones's," and now days I don't even care to try.

I love to sample new products though or pick up a trial size version at a low price. It has to be a whole lot better than comparable products though if I'm going to pay more for it than what I'm already using. Like, it really has to be miles apart for it to seem worth more.

17. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    I try out most of the new products and then try to post reviews on them as well. I'm always usually the one who will be posting reviews on sites about anything new coming out, testing them out.

18. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like to try new products if maybe there is a novelty(new,original,or unusual)to it,and if it makes my life easier as well,also if it fits for a natural lifestyle overall. But something I think really has to motivate me from within to buy and not just factors from the outside world(like advertising).

19. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am actually a procrastinator when it comes to new products. When the rice cooker came into fashion, it took us many years before we bought one. I have the habit of asking around for first hand account of experiences with the product. You may not believe it but until now we have no washing machine because I am not sold out with it. The fabric is easily ruined. A laundrywoman comes twice a week to handle our lanudry by hand washing.

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    If I feel a real need to try out a new product, I'll try it on my own. I don't like having to wait for others to try something so that only then can I try it too. I like to have my own decision-making without being influenced by anyone. :)