Do you try out every fitness fad that comes into the market?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by maddie • Oct 8, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    My friend seems to be buying stuff constantly. She is trying out everything new in the market when it comes to fitness. She also gets weary of it sooner than later. I was wondering if there are any like her in these forums.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh definitely not me.

There's a friend of the family that's like that, though. She hates working out, but because she watches infomercials, she becomes convinced that 'this product' is the one for her that will finally make it tolerable or fun. She has a whole exercise room full of crap that she never uses now.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Not me either. I am way too old to being doing that! I do know of several people that are like that though so I do know what you mean. I always figure that sooner or later, they'll figure it out and realize they are just wasting their money.

4. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I love watching infomercials and reading about new products that come out. But, I don't buy them, at least not until they've been out for awhile to see if they're worthy. Lately, I've been doing "free" stuff. Just using what I have, downloading free videos from youtube and getting out in the fresh air for a good power walk.

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    That would be a sensible thing to do. I have been telling my friend that there is so much available on youtube which she could download and try out before she spends a fortune on things only to discover that they don't work.
    Like dissn_it I only hope that she will realize that she is wasting so much money which could be put to some good use.
    Youtube seems to have a clip of most of the good products seen on infomercials. It also has some excellent workout videos too.
    It is nice to know that there aren't many like my friend here. :)

6. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    well i certainly couldn't afford to buy everyone that comes out theirs so many now a days but if i could i wouldn't like olorien had mentioned there is alot of free workout videos just as good on youtube that you can watch and get the same results.

7. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I’ve not been one of those who can work out on my own at home. I need the buzz around me to propel me into exerting more, so home exercise machines are not for me. I’d rather spend that money on my monthly gym membership. :p

8. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    LOL! I used to be one of those people who bought every exercise contraption that was advertised on tv. Thank God that stopped. It's a good idea to just not watch those infommercials to begin with. At the start of the infommercial you're like, "Yeah, what a piece of junk." Then they suck you in and by the end of it you're whipping out your credit card and running towards the phone before they sell out. :D

9. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Sandooch, this is how my friend reacts. She just won't listen to any reasoning. Her husband was joking with me yesterday saying that he is going to have the cable cut... lol She would really become handicapped without it.
    I was looking at some products that claim to lose weight yesterday as it was in my mail and what ridiculous claims they make. A couple of magnets on your toes are supposed to reduce weight, tone your muscles, improve your circulation and the works.. blah it sicken me to think what crap people will say just to sell some products.
    Thank god you are back to your senses. I appreciate you sharing this. I am going to ask my friend to read this thread.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, no. I have never been a fitness enthusiast. Don't get me wrong, I do basic cardio exercises everyday such as running and jogging, but I'm not too obsessed about working out to the point of spending huge amount of money on buying fitness stuffs. It just doesn't interest me somehow.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a friend like that too. Anyone can jump around a room for half an hour and get the same results. Either way, these things show poor form which is horrible for the joints and again.. you can get cardio any number of ways. Even by lifting properly. There is no difference between any of those videos.. and they all push you, which is unnatural and unnecessary.