Do You Turn Off Your Lights?

Discussion in Utilities started by SLTE • Oct 23, 2015.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know whether there are any side effects of sleeping with light, however, I sleep with lights turned on and I have not experienced any negative effects. When I sleep, I keep the lights turned on, but I use low light while sleeping, the light is so dim that it is hard to read in that light. I turn lights one because I have waking up problem. When I keep the lights on, I can wake up easily.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    My dad doesn't seem to care about the additional cost in our electric bill. He doesn't mind if I don't turn off the lights in the living room and in my room overnight, and he is ok with letting the tv in standby mode since it's a bit harder to turn on now, so he just lets in on standby permanently. Our bill is usually around $50, so it seems like it's still "cheap" for him so he still wastes electricity.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, I do turn off the lights when are not used, because I want to save some money. Here electricity it cost more than gasoline, and we need to reduce our bills somehow, and one way is to turn off the lights, turn off my gas central as night comes, using solar lamps after dark hours, etc.

4. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. If I'm going to leave my light open, I'm sure that it's going to be a sleepless night. I don't mind the bill, it's just I can't sleep if it the room is lit. But when my wife came, she always sleeps with lights on. To counterbalance things, I gave the way by buying me an eye cover thingy. I am not sure what its called but it works for both of us.

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I make sure to turn off lights when I am not using them. This saves a lot of energy. And you can see that if you're going for the lights and the other resources. It would be reasonable to say that some of such are easy to save. The more you rely on external resources easier it is for you. I personally think that turning off lights definitely help during the day time. In case of night time things could be lot different.

6. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I'm kinda guilty with this thing too. I also turned off every lights I see at home and unplugged every cables left unattended. One thing I never turn off is the light at the hallway to the comfort room. I'm more comfortable sleeping with the lights off and it doesn't bother me that much.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am kind of person who cannot see lights on in an empty room even if the room is not mine. I feel like the world is heading towards a dark age if we do not keep these small things in our mind. switching lights, fans, air conditioner, gas etc is not only short term gain but plays a big role for our coming generations.

8. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    i do well either ways, in or off but when it's not necessary I prefer to switch off the lights. You will always find my lights off during the day time.

Also at night when I'm relaxing I always love the lights off, I feel more relaxed that that way. It is like I turn all the stress and hassles of the day off.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I do work at night a lot, so I have a few lights on but what about dettering crime-does anybody leave their lights on to keep the crime down at night sometimes, when its quite spooky in your neighborhood. I try to turn the lights out in the daytime as well but leave the porch or outside light on so I can let my dog out at night- so she can do her thing. Also I have such a wierd schedule and also other people in the house work at night, so their is always some kind of lights on-but yes I try to save money by turing lights out or I just don't like so much light on at night anyways.