Do you use a heart rate monitor?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by delusional • Mar 13, 2014.

1. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I have a watch and chest strap to monitor my heart rate. It notifies me of the optimal regions to burn fat or train endurance.
    I would have liked something with a GPS in it but that was too expensive.

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I had a heart rate monitor - and am sort of looking for a new one. This is a device that I would recommend to many people wanting to improve their exercise regime. Mine would not only record heart rate, but it would calculate calories burned, it had zone alarms to ensure I was exercising hard enough but not too hard and other things. I did discover that I had to raise the upper zone limit as I was quite capable of remaining above the automatic setting.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a standalone heart rate monitor, but I have one attached to my exercise bike and I use that when exercising. I have considered getting one actually for when I go jogging or even just for walking. What sort of price range do they go for these days?. Just a basic model is what I'm after.

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    No, but i am going to look into owning a product like this. I do a lot of jogging, and working out. A heart rate monitor would be extremely beneficial to me. Thanks for the recommendation.