Do you use a sauna suit when you exercise?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by lindbergh • Apr 27, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A sauna suit looks like a garbage bag sewn into a full body suit. Like this:
    saunasuit.

It says on the box that it uses natural body heat to that is generated from exercise (from running or jogging) to increase perspiration during workout. It also states in the box that it costs 20 bucks. Do you really need this?

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    When I see these, there is one word that comes to mind and that word is: DANGEROUS. One of the reasons we sweat when we exercise id to keep our bodies operating at the proper temperature. When we go into a sauna, we usually keep an eye on the time and pop out for a while. Because the head isn't wrapped in plastic, we may not get a proper sense of how hot we are getting. Our internal thermostat may get out of whack and we may actually overheat. I think serious medical issues could arise from using these.

As far as losing weight, water weight means nothing. I don't think there would be any upside to these garbage bags.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ew, no thank you.

I have seen similar ones before, along with people who just wrap their bodies in saran wrap.

I don't think it's a good idea, though. Just because you sweat more, doesn't mean you're burning more calories. You might feel like you lose more weight short term, but it's just water weight from essentially dehydrating yourself.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    No way I'm using that, looks very uncomfortable. My place is already pretty hot so I'm sweating more than enough and don't need the extra heat. I might get a heat stroke if I have this on when I'm working out lol. Besides, looks ugly and restricting in terms of maneuverability.

5. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    So that's a sauna suit. :D I've been seeing some joggers wearing them during my run/exercise time and always wondered what in the world are they wearing? :confused: Yeah it looks like a garbage bag and NO I wouldn't dare use it even if it comes in a different color.:rolleyes:

Though I did try something similar to that before - a cling wrap - when I was younger I used to exercise with a cling wrap around my waist to induce sweating on my tummy part. :eek:

6. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    No, they are simply the placebo effect and a good marketing. By wearing one of those, while working out, you will simply lose more body water and probably your dignity.

Last I heard fat can't be sweated out, it is 'burned' by body's metabolism, when working out.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, it feels like I am going to get suffocated when I tried it. I didn't get enough air and cool I needed to keep going in my training and exercise regimen. Instead that I did more with it, I did less. So I never again tried to use it. It doesn't look appealing also.

8. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I was imagining the sauna suit to look like something else / or better before I saw that picture :D

I don't think I'll ever be comfortable using that when I'm exercising. I'm happy enough to use a normal suit even though that sauna suit seems to be quite cheap. I don't think I'll be recommending it either because I believe it's not good for one's health.