Do You Use A Trampoline For Exercise?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by kate23 • Feb 13, 2015.

1. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    Mainly I'm talking about the large sized trampolines rather than the mini exercise trampoline, but any trampoline applies.

I think trampolines are underestimated exercise tools. They're fun and they work a lot of muscles you didn't even know you had. You can do all sorts of things on them - jumping, flips, all kinds of creative games that work different muscles. They're something you never get bored of because there's so many things you can do on them, which means that not every exercise session is the same. And it's something you can do by yourself or with a friend or two, so that adds to the variety and makes it even more fun.

Does anyone else use their trampoline for exercising?

2. redheadrebecca

redheadrebeccaNew Member

Threads:
    I never have, but it sounds like a ton of fun! I've never really thought about what good exercise that is. We recently opened a Sky Zone here in my town, one of those big trampoline parks, and it seems like it would be so much fun to just bounce around on a giant trampoline! (and dangerous, if it got too crowded- I think they have rules about how many people can be on at once though.) I have an empty room in my house, maybe I'll build a wall-to-wall trampoline room! ;)

3. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I have not thought of using a trampoline for exercise. I have seen far too many accidents on a trampoline that I am wary to jump on it. Embarrassed to admit, but I am anxious that it will give way to my body weight. In the future, I might consider it though.

Although, trampoline parks or something related would be fun. I have seen a game that combined basketball and trampoline. That will be a fun game to play.

4. redheadrebecca

redheadrebeccaNew Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure they have a basketball hoop at those big trampoline parks- you can play trampoline basketball, and I believe they also have trampoline dodgeball! The dodgeball sounds fun but dangerous. I would probably stick with the basketball. I'm short, so it would be awesome to jump up and slam dunk!

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have just ordered one of the mini-trampolines, called rebounders. I was reading about how important it is to get our lymph system working properly because that is what drains the toxins out of our body. And guess what......one of the best ways to do that is to use a rebounder !
    Since I am a senior lady, and have bad balance, I was not sure if I can still use a rebounder and balance on it; but I found a cheap one on Amazon and ordered it. I think that I can use a shower curtain bar across the doorway if I need something to hang on to for balance until I get used to using it again; but this is one of the best exercises that they recommend, especially for seniors.
    They even make special mini-trampolines just for elderly people; so you can hang on and not worry about falling while you exercise.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have never used a trampoline for exercise. It does seem to offer loads of fun and a very good total body workout to the user. However, there may be cause for concern in relation to exercising on the trampoline, there is a danger that the user could fall outside of the boundary of the device and probably break a limb because there is no allowance for safety holds or railings.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I remember that a few years ago I had bought a trampoline in a Walmart promotion (it was very cheap and I couldn't resist), but I didn't adapt myself and I sold it two weeks later :p... But it was a fun experience. :D

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit,I have not been on a trampoline in quite awhile-and the last time was in high school,when we had gym class in the late 70s(do kids have gym class anymore). It was kind of fun back then-along with being good for your heart rate. I think the best reason to get up on a trampoline- is that its very easy on the joints and builds strong bones-as well as being very low-impact for a exercise.

9. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had my trampoline for about a week now, and I am doing great with it. Naturally, I am not rebounding off of the mat because my balance is not that good. There is a bar that helps me to be stabilized, but if I were to really lose my balance I could still easily fall off of the trampoline.
    The good thing about the mini-trampoline is that it pretty much helps your circulation and all of your body and not just certain areas like most exercises do. I also like that it helps the lymph to circulate better, which is. Very important reason to use a trampoline.
    Here is what mine looks like, and you can see how much more stable it with with the safety bar than just the cheap Walmart ones are.
    IMG_0733.JPG

10. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    Forgive my ignorance on this topic, but I just don't see how beneficial exercising with a trampoline is. Doesn't jumping on a trampoline only exercise you calves? If so, its doesn't seem worth my time, especially if I'm looking for a serious workout.

Yes, it's fun to jum on a trampoline. But to buy one for the mere purpose of exercising your calves -- I'm not sure.