Do. You Use Air Fresheners?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by DrRipley • Aug 25, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like using air Fresheners from time to time, also known as air disinfectant as they are labeled in the package, but I always try to air it out by opening windows whenever I do because I'm paranoid that the chemicals would cause harm. I prefer ones that have a light scent and I am very satisfied with some variants of Lysol when it comes to this, but I'm wondering if there are any other products that you would recommend over this. I know Glade is another popular product for this, although I don't really know how much safer or better smelling it is, and I'm also looking to find more recommendations for me to try out especially if they are cheaper and still come highly recommended by our members.

5EB0D3A8.

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I used to but I no longer use them nowadays. I'm not sure why but I can no longer stand the fragrants. I prefer naturally made fresheners. One more thing is that they don't last meaning it only works for a while and don't actually remove the odor. My brother however uses air fresheners a lot, he sprays it all over the house.

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I do use them sometimes, but my partner has a bad chest, and this means that we have to be very careful about the air fresheners that we choose from the store. I have gone through a lot of them that I have had to eventually throw away due to the fact that they damage my partner's health, however the good news is that I have recently found one that we both like, and it has gone fairly well so far, so with a bit of luck we will be able to keep it in our home for a long time to come without growing tired of it.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I seldom (very) use air fresheners, only when I really need it like when we're going to have a visitor and our house smells like our lunch food. :)

I would gladly use it regularly if ever I found something that's really natural but I doubt that all those air fresheners in aerosol cans can be considered as "natural". Sometimes I use scented candles (when available) instead of air fresheners.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I lived in some industrial city I frequently used air fresheners because the air was polluted. When I had enough of city life and moved into the country the air here is so much cleaner that there's no point in using air fresheners. And in any case I've never liked the smell of air fresheners.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To freshen the air I put cinnamon, cloves and orange peels in some water and let it simmer on the stove to give the air in the room a nice fresh smell. If I am trying to kill germs I wipe everything down with white vinegar which is a good anti bacterial agent. Sprays in cans trigger my allergies so we do not use many sprays in my house.

7. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used air fresheners. They've always seemed unnecessary to me and I usually don't believe in products that are supposed to be instant fixes. I'm sure many of them contain harmful chemicals too. I do use an air purifier though, but I guess this is a little different.

8. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I use air fresheners. The one I get the most is the Airwick Automatic air freshener. It does the best job of ridding my home of funky odors. The unfortunate part about this product is the cost. The refill canisters rarely go under $4.50. Yet, I continue to buy this product because it's effective.

[​IMG]

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do use air fresheners, but I use them as a finishing touch after I have already attacked the source of the bad smell. If my elderly dog has an accident on the rug, I'd rather clean the pee out of the rug first and then use an air freshener, not just use an air freshener to mask the smell. I like air fresheners as a finishing touch after cleaning not as a substitute for cleaning.

10. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I normally use Febreze all the time. They have different scents and all of them smell amazing. If I am not using air fresheners then I light candles. I love my house smelling good all day and everyday. I never know who will visit.

11. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I do use air fresheners from time to time when I need it around the house, and with two dogs that can be often lol. They can really stink up the joint! I've been meaning to get the kind though that isn't aresol since that's suppose to not be good for the ozone layer. The kind I'm thinking of comes in a small bottle that lingers in the air better, I need to get more of it.

12. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Not all the time. I'm very picky when it comes to air fresheners because they sometimes trigger my allergies. I only use them at home when my mom just finished cooking and the smell is all over the house. I also prefer flower scents because I can tolerate them well. When I shop for them, I usually choose spray-type because they are easier to use. My favorite brand is Lysol Neutra Air.

yly-074_1z.

13. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I keep airfresheners handy but I do not use them regularly since these are artificial and I am aware of the harm they might do. We keep cats at home so the airfreshener is quite good to have around when these cats decide to have an accident in the living room carpet when visitors are around. Takes away the smell instantly.