Do you use an online or mailing pharmacy? Or do you prefer going into a shop?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by H.C. Heartland • Sep 7, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Recently, our insurance gave us the option to get our prescriptions through the mail. Up until now we usually have the Dr. call our prescriptions into CVS pharmacy near our home and then we drive to the store and pick it up. How do you prefer to get your prescriptions? What are some of the plusses and minus' of doing it either way?

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer going to the shop because sometimes some meds go out of stock. Also, I do not want to pay a lot for shipping fee, so I just go to the store personally. Another reason is that I want to double check all the items I buy because I hate calling customer service.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Shipping is usually free, so I certainly don't mind.

I have done this before but I'm always nervous about shipping times, so I end up ordering really early and then waiting on pins and needles until it arrives, ha. I've not had any real issues yet, though!

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer the [real] pharmacy. Reason is because I don't need medication that frequently. So if I'm not feeling too well, I'll go see a doctor, get my prescription and head off straight to the nearest pharmacy. It's convenient for some people.

For those who need some medication regularly, I suppose getting it mailed to you would save you the trouble of having to go a pharmacy each time you need . . .

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually have the prescription handed to me by the doctor when I see him at his office or when I have a check-up, so I have never had to get my prescriptions apart from that method. But the drugstores near my area, the small ones, don't even ask me for a prescription, so I guess I won't be needing it if I buy from them. The ones inside the malls are stricter and they really ask you before they sell you the medicine.