Do You Use Anti-ageing Products?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Jul 2, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Both ageing products are a fad nowadays as people appreciate youthfulness with virility and attractiveness. Some of these are services and one of them is botox skin treatment which is quite expensive. Due to moral issues as well as the cost aspect, I would not touch plastic surgery with even a thirty foot pole unless its a case of reconstructive surgery. I am currently using lanolin cream which is natural, cheap and effective to revitalise my skin.

2. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I usually buy facial moisturizers and body lotions with collagen in them but it's not really a necessary ingredient for me. I once heard someone say that it doesn't matter if the product you're using has anti-aging properties as long as you know that you're doing the right measures to take care of your skin like making sure you're well hydrated from within and you watch your diet. I also think that one of the most important regimens in keeping our skin looking young and healthy is to always have a good moisturizer because dry skin is a major aging factor. :)

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do anti-aging products even work? Though the makers of these products claim they decrease the signs of aging, fact is what they do is hardly noticeable or something you can fix yourself by consuming more foods rich Vitamin C and E. You'll have a naturally glowing skin.

Eat more collagen-boosting foods too. You'll be healthier and look younger.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do buy some products with anti-aging properties such as collagen, as well as additional moisturizers, mainly because my skin is dry and I live in a hot climate. I don't go out of my way to purchase ones marketed as anti-aging, but if I see something labeled as such that is around the same price as one without the claim, I will usually lean toward the one with the added ingredients.

I agree, diet is a consideration with regard to how we and our skin age, and I tend to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, as well as drinking water frequently, so those, along with the vitamins and supplements I take on a regular basis seem to be doing a pretty good job of keeping my skin looking healthy.

5. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I and my wife both are under 35 and we are not using any anti aging cream yet. We use sunscreen in day, night cream in the night and moisturizer as needed. We are not even considering to buy anti aging cream. In my opinion, anti aging cream does not lift your wrinkle. What is does is removes the outer skin layer and exposes inner layer. In fact anti aging cream peels off our skin.

6. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I do not actively go out and buy anti-aging products, at least not yet, but one of the face creams that I use says that it has anti-aging qualities so I guess that is all the better. I am not really sure what is in there to make it anti-aging, but I do remember hearing a commercial about one product that uses a substance found in jellyfish. I wonder if the two are related at all. Interesting stuff nonetheless.

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process and whether we like it or not - we can't fight it and therefore - as there is absolutely nothing that will either prevent this process from happening or make wrinkles miraculously disappear - its totally unrealistic to think that we can.

Which is why - spending copious amounts of money on surgery, botox or extortionately priced anti-aging products is not only a total waste of time and money - but to be perfectly honest - there are way more important things in life - especially as you get older - than worrying about whether you have a few wrinkles.

In fact as the most important part of growing old gracefully - costs little to nothing at all - as it is in reality - nothing more than making the most of ourselves by looking after not just our bodies but our minds too.

Why waste money on anti-aging products that do nothing more than line the pockets of the already overly rich multi-billion dollar cosmetic industry - when having a positive outlook on life, high self esteem, eating a healthy balanced diet, exercising regularly and looking after our skin by protecting it from the sun and keeping it well moisturized with a good quality moisturizer that suits our skin type - can and does so much more than any procedure or potion can - especially as - not only does doing the latter very definitely contribute to how good we look and feel as we get older - but comes with the added benefit of a better quality of life and more money in our pockets to enjoy it too.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I own one anti-aging cream, but I definitely need to start using more antiaging products. I will be 28 next year, which is obviously not old, but it's definitely time to start to be more conscient about not getting wrinkles!

9. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I do think it's best to start taking care of our skin while we're still young. Most people I know of who didn't take really good care of their skin when they were still younger ended up having a lot of issues on developing wrinkles early and blemishes on their skin when they got older. :)

10. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use any anti-aging products. My skin is extremely dry and I use moisturizer all the time. It helps but most dries up pretty quickly and frequent applications are necessary.

Leaving under harsh sun and ruthless climate will ultimately lead to skin damages and early signs of aging.

11. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    My skin is very dry and it helps when I bathe with a teaspoon of olive oil added to the water. This makes my skin very soft to the touch as well as giving a luster to my hair. I have to use creams for my face as if I don't it feels very tight. I don't think it is the cream that is important for anti-wrinkles, but more so the massaging upwards of the face. Drinking plenty of water helps immensely as I think wrinkles come about through dry skin and lack of massaging.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I actually don't apply anything on my skin even if I now have fine lines under my eyes already. I'm not that conscious of my aging appearance yet. I was actually told that I look 5 years younger than my age, and I also think that I look young for my age, maybe because I live a relatively easy life.

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use any of the anti aging products. As we get old it's advisable to cut down on consumption of certain foods like red meat, fatty foods and some others. Eat more of fruits and vegetables. I believe in eating regulated diets to look young than applying creams on the body. I don't fancy those products

14. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Me or my partner neither use anti-ageing products but that's mainly because we are a bit sceptical if they actually work in the first place. There seems to be a lot of products on the market these days that promise all manner of things and even if they do work then they are that expensive that i don't even think we would be able to afford them anyway. Well...we could afford them but we have both agreed that there are better things to spend our money on, and we aren't all that vain anyway so we are happy enough just to grow old gracefully and save our money for things that we enjoy doing and using instead.

15. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I tried using an anti-ageing soap once and that was probably 2 years ago. I just wanted to see if it really works or how would be the effect. Since I think I won't be seeing much results because I don't have wrinkles to begin with. So I did try the soap and only used it for a week. I stopped using it in light of the fact that my face's skin began to feel like plastic. I don't know why. Some people like it but not for me. After I stopped using it, my face went back to normal. Since then, I never tried using any anti-ageing products.

16. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    We can't be young forever, but we can delay the symptoms of aging by taking care of ourselves inside and out. I don't think there's a single product that can delay aging. I eat a balanced diet, making sure I'm taking antioxidants. I also exercise regularly and maintain my ideal weight. Currently, I'm using Loreal Revitalift Laser X3 nightly and it has helped keep my face smooth, moisturized, and wrinkle-free. The good thing is I'm getting it free from my sister who buys the product during sales season at Dubai where it can be bought at 50% off the tag.

17. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I am a senior and the only thing I use occasionally is aloe vera gel. I have these plants in my garden and I apply it on my hair and face. From remarks that I get to hear apparently I do have a skin that does not require any anti ageing cream - so far so good

18. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    Yes I love using anti-aging products. I love homemaking my own anti-aging products. I prefer using white eggs face mask for anti-aging. It really helps to keep my face glowing and look young.

19. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have used face creams since I was 13. I remember my first product was Ponds Cold Cream .. I doubt you can get it any more! I eventually settled with Olay products because they seem to suit my skin even though I experimented with many different brands as a young woman.

I read recently though that skin can become too dependent on moisterisers and then does not produce enough of it's own natural moisture. I have no idea whether this is true.

20. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use anti-aging products but I consume lots of antioxidant-rich foods. I want the process to be from the inside out and not the other way around. As much as possible, I want the preservation of my body would happen from the cellular level so that is why I choose to eat right.