Do You Use Bing?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Nov 20, 2014.

1. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    while Bing is not my primary search engine (I prefer Google) I do use it daily to get my Bing Rewards points - it's a little slow - but they do offer a few e-gift card options that I like - so it's worth the few minutes I spend on it each day.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bing is the default search engine on my Thinkpad so I have been using it. I hope to be able to get something with my award points. That would be something special and specific that I want like an Amazon gift card. I search a lot of the computer so the points add up. It is nice to get something just for searching.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:

Hi or should I say aloha:
    I use bing.com and bing.com/rewards. I've gotten amazon.com gift cards and donated to some charities. As time goes by you'll be able to add up all your search points for rewards or give away to charity and enter sweeps. They'll ask you to confirm your e-mail and give codes over the phone either land line or cell or smart phone to receive your rewards confirmation. After you plug in your confirmation they'll send you your rewards. Before they sent the confirmation through your e-mail and recently sent confirmation through phones and you have to type in your confirmation code before you get your reward. Worth checking into it because everything is free and you're going to search anyway so why not get rewarded for it? It's up to you what you do and enjoy the rewards too if you sign up for bing.com/rewards! Good luck!!!

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course, it is Google all the time but sometimes I am considering Bing when the search list of Google does not fully satisfy me. There are also times that I would be doing a search for a survey, meaning I want to know the ranking of my name so I would be using Google, Bing and Yahoo for that. Searching my name is knowing my presence in the internet, if I am already over or under exposed. Try it with your name sometimes.

5. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    Bing does have a really nice interface. However, when it comes to the quality of search results, Bing can’t even come close to Google. This is for the simple reason that Google has the most accurate algorithm in churning out search results. Yes, Bing can be a good alternative but why use Bing when you can use Google which is better?

6. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I only use it a few times a day to rack up my Bing rewards points. After that, it's straight back to Google. Google is just so familiar. Bing has a really clean, fancy interface but the results aren't nearly as accurate as Google's. In addition, Google does a better job at offering targeted links based on history since Google Chrome collects data to tailor your browsing experience.

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I always Bing. When it first came around I tried it out of curiosity. And I just continued use it after that.

I will use whatever I need to, to avoid google, to be honest. Google has turned into a huge evil entity and I refuse to contribute to their evil empire and the strong hold it has on the entire world, right now. This may sound paranoid or what not, but thats just because of my choice in wording. It really has gotten too big for anyone's good.

#27Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  8. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, Google has been delivering irrelevant results since a while back, so very often I have to use Bing to find what I'm looking for.

Google still makes a good job, but the removal of features such as "+" sign operator to favor its unclear "verbatim" option makes harder to find exactly what you are looking for.

Until a few months back, my alternative to find whatever Google failed for was Yahoo, but since Yahoo is now using Bing to empower their search function, it's better go to Bing when what you are looking for doesn't come through Google.

9. AutumnFall

AutumnFallMember

Threads:
    I use Bing every once in awhile. I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Google is my main search engine but it's not perfect and doesn't give me the results I need from time to time. I do think Bing has a better image search engine than Google.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use Bing only because I am so use to using Google. My browser will default to Yahoo for some reason but I type in Google when I realize I am getting weird stuff because I am on Yahoo.

11. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use Bing, it is not too bad. I do not like it all that much though. I feel neutral in my opinion on Bing. When I was doing Bing rewards, I was barely getting points because I kept going to Google. I missed out on points; it was just like a reflex to go to Google. I think it is because I got too used to Google. Google is all I have ever used for as long as I have been on the internet. It has always been my default search engine. It is actually my homepage as well. I really LOVE google, complete love! I just think searching is best on Google than on Bing.