Do You Use Coconut Oil?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Zyni • Feb 11, 2016.

1. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Yes, Coconut oil and tea tea oil are best for skin and use them daily as soothes mu skin naturally.

2. CaptainOblivious

CaptainObliviousMember

Threads:
    I use cocunut oil a lot, even for cooking. I am just addicted to that smell! Another great thing about coconut oil is that it's very easy on the digestive system and so it's great for your health too, especially if you work out!

3. emilyclark

emilyclarkNew Member

Threads:
    I mostly use coconut oil coz it absorbs in the skin and feels good.

4. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    The scent isn't as strong as you would think. However, I have used it to condition my hair on a regular basis for about two months now,mans have noticed a difference in the look and feel of it. I recently heard that it was a great substitute for toothpaste and hat it helps to shrink hemorrhoids.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have also used coconut oil for helping my hair, but not on a regular basis. I have very dry hair; but even a small amount of coconut oil seems to make it feel greasy. I usually let it work in over night and then shampoo out the residue the next day.
    When I use coconut oil for cooking, I have the one that is partially refined. It still has more of the sediment in it; but it does not smell like coconuts like the totally unrefined coconut oil does.
    I use the natural coconut oil when I make the Bulletproof Coffee, and I do not mind the small and coconut taste in my coffee; but I don't really care for it when I am just using the oil for cooking something.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I always avoid using greasy products on the skin because it feels quite oily and uncomfortable. I know coconut oil has many uses, but I prefer not to use it until I really need to use it.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    For some health issue yes, but never used - at least until today - for beauty purposes. But my girlfriend uses this kind of oil to to make her hair look shiny and silky (and it works ;)).

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I use coconut oil on my hair more often than body. It's brilliant on the hair as it makes them sparkle. Though I don't use coconut oil too often on the body but during cold season I use it more often. Somehow I feel a mild application of coconut oil would be better for the body, I prefer using creams which I'd term as softer on my skin.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am from a country where there was once a large coconut oil producing industry but the industry has now somewhat diminished because of diseases which have decimated the number of coconut trees In those days, coconut oil was the main type of oil which was used for cooking purposes, people also used as a type of lotion to their skin which would give it a pleasant glow. I still use coconut oil for cooking in spite of some negative reports that have been directed its way, however, many persons likewise myself, have dismissed these reports as being false.

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I always have a bottle of coconut oil in my bathroom and bedroom. I have extremely dry skin and since I discovered Coconut oil, it has drastically improved and helped with my skin and hair. I add drops to my bath water and I use it as a body cream. It smells great and it really works :)

11. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    I have been using coconut oil for 3 years now, as a body oil right after taking a shower. I used to use lotion but I found oil to be more moisturizing, plus I heard a lot of benefits from using natural oils like coconut oil. I also use it on my hair. I apply it on my hair 30 minutes before taking a shower. I wash it off with my shampoo and after that you don't need to use a conditioner. It's just that I don't like how it smells after a few hours. So I only apply coconut oil on my hair if I'll just stay home the whole day. :D