Do you use colorful scarves , wraps and shawls as a fashion accessory

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by maddie • Oct 13, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love to throw around a pashmina wrap or shawl to add color and interest to my clothes. Do you also do that? There are many interesting ways to drape your wrap.
    [video=youtube_share;khmsdHO5_e8]http://youtu.be/khmsdHO5_e8[/video]

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    No, I don't really use shawls and scarves at all. I'm short, and I have a very short neck, so they don't really do anything for me, except make me look even shorter than I am. I do have a lovely soft pashmina in a coral colour, that I wear for evenings, though. My friend is a whizz with scarves and wraps, and she's devised a really flattering way to drape it - I love to go out in that.

3. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    You know it's weird, I love to wear scarves, but I don't. I have several sitting in my closet collecting dust. I don't know what it is. Whenever I see them on others, I love it. I also like how it adds color to an outfit. And the best part, they can turn one outfit in to 2 or 3 or 4 different outfits. That's so cool and perfect for traveling.

This summer I actually started watching scarf videos. My favorite is from Wendy's Lookbook on YouTube:

. I've promised myself that this winter I will wear them more often. I would have loved wearing them sooner, but it's just too hot and humid in Florida to have fabric wrapped around my neck.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will wear a scarf when it is really cold in the depths of winter and I am spending time outside, like at a football match, for example. I wear a hat, scarf and gloves when I go to see a football match. It gets very cold when you are standing for 90 plus minutes.

5. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I adore shawls and scarves and have quite a collection of them! :) Come winter, I'm usually attired in black from top to toe most of the time! So scarves, snoods and hats add some color to the clothes. Thanks for the video.

6. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    This is a helpful video actually. I use scarves and wraps only when I really find it necessary especially when it's cold. But I hardly use them when the weather is warm.

7. MeliciousMona

MeliciousMonaNew Member

Threads:
    I am a huge fan of scarves. Canadian weather can be unpredictable, so it's nice to have an extra layer to add as it gets chilly. I get scarves as gifts. I wear headscarves as well. I am a very big fan as most of my wardrobe is black and grey they are a great way to add a pop of colour.
    American Apparel also has a wide variety of ways you can wear their scarf/shawl.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I love my scarves so much! They're perfect for jazzing up otherwise shabby outfits and they always make me feel kind of classy. Also they're useful in any kind of weather.

9. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I like the idea of wearing them. I always think I will wear them more than I do. I do wear them a few times every winter (the summers here are just too hot to have anything draped around your neck, even the light silky kind), but I don't wear them that much at all. Mine are ones I found discounted for about $5 because I wasn't sure I would wear them that often and I don't. Sometimes I think I would wear one more if I bought a nicer quality one, but I'm too afraid I won't to commit.

10. AndroidGirl89

AndroidGirl89New Member

Threads:
    I don't wear scarves but I think I'd like to. I just do not like mixing and matching prints so I worry that if I bought a bunch of cute scarves- I would never wear them!

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I always try and find an excuse to wear one. It is more because I love Pashminas and keep buying them. The weather is generally warm where I live, but changes so suddenly and the drop in temperatures are crazy. Carrying one in my handbag keeps me comfortable at all times. I just love the feel of these wraps and the colors.. they are so amazing. I wear sober colors most often and these shawls add colors and vibrancy to my appearance. It is nice to see so many people who love scarves and shawls.
    @ android girl There are so many plain pastel colored and solid colored shawls, you do not have to worry about matching prints.

#11Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  12. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I love using colorful scarves. I usually use them as headbands or simply as shawls. I could also use them as ponytails. I prefer scarves that are colorful and adorned with designs. I also love using them as belts. In general, these accessories really come in handy.

13. koelha10

koelha10Member

Threads:
    Scarves and other items are actually a really cheap why to change an outfit into something that looks new. I actually have transformed an old shirt that I was throwing away because it had a hole in it or something into a scarf. It takes minimal effort to do with a needle and thread which most people have around their homes anyway!

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now, that's a great tutorial!

I love wearing wraps, scarves and pashminas. They are a great way to add a bit of style and color to an outfit. At one time, I wanted to start a wrap business, but I never got it off the ground.

15. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I was totally going to say the same thing! I too, am short and have a short neck. There was a time in high school when I've actually tried using scarves but I just looked totally weird. Scarves never really did do anything good for my appearance. lol But I do wear shawls from time to time, especially when going out at nights. I like shawls better because I can just drape it on my shoulders.

16. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree with you Koelha, any cloth that has some length and beautiful color can be turned into a scarf. I had a beautiful applique worked skirt which was torn caught in some rose bushes, I cut it up and made it into a lovely scarf. This was one of my favorite skirts and I was not willing to let go.. I have been using this for years now. It looks so pretty.
    I have this friend who keeps sending me some lovely Chinese silk. I make some neat scarves and give them as gifts. These are highly appreciated by my friends.

17. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I don't personally wear colorful, scarves or wraps but there are people that I think they look great on. I couldn't see myself in them, but they really add color to people who need it. Not only do they keep you warm, but they work great as a fashion accessory as well. You can usually find great deals at a thrift store!

18. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love to use scarves and such to dress up my outfits. They look so stylish and you can use them in almost any way. Especially with suits, it makes your suits stand out and you look so fabulous. It's that little extra piece that you can wear like a piece of jewelry. You can mix and match anything with a scarf and a piece of jewelry. Most beautiful I must say.

19. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I don't use scarves all that much but I am a fan of shawls. I used to wear them a lot before. You get these very colorful, printed pashmina shawls which can make any boring outfit look fab.

20. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love the pashmina shawls. Just draping it around in different styles is fun. With winter around the corner all my shawls will be on display. It is great to make some outfit you already wore a few times seem like new with these shawls and scarves.